See Something... Hear Something... SAY SOMETHING!
To Report Suspicious LCS Related Information Anonymously...
Three Ways to Report:
What exactly is the FortifyFL App? - To see more information about the Anonymous tip app, visit our Fortify FL site @ https://www.leonschools.net/fortifyfl
For an Immediate, Life Threatening Emergency, Please Dial 911.
Leon County Schools will create, maintain and enhance the physical and emotional safety of all students and staff and combine the use of technology and personnel to ensure our schools and work-sites are safe and protected.
What Can Parents Do?Just as the district and schools have safety plans that we review and update regularly, parents need to review their emergency plans.
- Be sure that updated emergency contact information is on file in your child's school. This is particularly important if you have had a change in phone numbers.
- Be sure you know what radio/tv stations to listen to for emergency information.
- Be sure the school has the current information about your caregiver.
- Be sure your child knows what to do/where to go if there is an emergency and no one is at home.
- Be sure your child knows how to reach you at all times.
- Be sure your child knows what to do if he/she comes home early. Should your child call you or someone else to let you know?
- If your child has lost the key to the house and can't get in, what should he/she do?
- Talk to your child about personal safety.
- Teach your child how to recognize danger signals.
- Make sure your child knows the sounds of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire alarms, and sirens. Be sure your child knows what to do when he/she hears these at home or in a public location.
Security Fast Facts
Emergency Management - Critical Incident Response
Leon County Schools (LCS) takes an all hazards approach in its emergency management and preparedness initiatives. The Leon County School Board has adopted the National Incident Management System.
Visiting a School?
Volunteering or Doing Business with us?Remember to check the current background-check requirements
- Always check in at the main office
- Legally park your vehicle
- Have and present a valid source of identification