The mission of the Purchasing Department is to procure quality equipment, supplies and services in a timely, cost-effective, professional and ethical manner in an ongoing effort to support student success.
As one of the largest businesses in Leon County, the Board purchases all types of supplies, materials, commodities, and services and constructs and maintains facilities throughout the county. This variety provides opportunities for a large group of vendors, contractors, and consultants to do business with the Leon County School Board. The School Board is committed to developing relationships with diverse businesses, with a particular focus on supporting small businesses within our community.
Below are the general procurement guidelines (not including Board of Education exemptions):
- For purchases under $8,000, the District follows good purchasing practices and typically purchases goods and services using a purchase order.
- For purchases over $8,000 and under $50,000, the District seeks at least three (3) quotes.
- Purchases over $50,000 are publicly advertised through a formal competitive solicitation process.
Interested parties should fill out a Vendor Application Form and refer to our Active and Upcoming Bid Opportunities page to stay updated with our business needs.The Leon County Schools Purchasing Department is dedicated to the following standards:
- Obtain the best value and be good stewards of District resources;
- Ensure compliance with Board policies and maintain transparency in the purchasing process with the Leon County School Board and the public;
- Ensure compliance with all laws and rules governing the procurement process;
- Refrain from any activities that may present even an appearance of ethical concerns or a conflict of interest while carrying out the procurement functions; and
- Ensure that the goods and services we obtain best meet the needs of the students, families, teachers, and staff we serve.
We appreciate your interest in doing business with the Leon County School Board and look forward to working with you!
June KailDirectorPurchasing, Warehouse, & Property ManagementBrenda JacksonExecutive AssistantStaci CoppingerPurchasing Project ManagerNancy ScottPurchasing Agent IIMichelle CastanedaPurchasing SpecialistRobert SlappeySecretaryPCard and Fuel Card ProgramKristin MarschkaPCard and Fuel Card CoordinatorCharlene WaltzPurchasing Specialist
GENERAL INFORMATIONMAILING ADDRESSLCSB Purchasing Department3397 W. Tharpe StTallahassee, Florida 32303TELEPHONE(850) 488-1206
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT / NOTICE
The above information is provided as a service to the Board and employees of Leon County Schools and to the community. Due to its dynamic nature, we cannot guarantee the information contained herein is current or complete at all times. Every effort has been made to assure its accuracy at the time it was posted.