The mission of the Purchasing Department is to procure quality equipment, supplies and services in a timely, cost-effective, professional and ethical manner in an ongoing effort to support student success.
There are many opportunities for vendors, contractors, and consultants to do business with the Leon County School Board. As one of the largest businesses in Leon County, the Board purchases all types of supplies, materials, commodities, and services; as well as constructing and maintaining a large number of facilities.The School Board is committed to promoting and developing business relationships with a wide variety of businesses and ensuring that local small businesses have the chance to compete for a fair share of these opportunities. These opportunities are advertised in the print media, and publicized here on this site. Interested parties should fill out a Vendor Application Form and refer to our Active and Upcoming Bid Opportunities page to stay up to date with our business needs.The Leon County Schools Purchasing Department is dedicated to the following standards:
- To consider first the interest of the School Board in all decisions and to carry out and believe in its established policies and procedures;
- To obey the letter and spirit of the laws governing the procurement process;
- To avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practices in relationship, actions and communications;
- To buy without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum ultimate value and be good stewards of district resources;
- To refrain from any private business or professional activity that may present a conflict of interest in carrying out the procurement functions;
- Maintaining fair and clear purchase and bid specifications;
- Answering all inquiries promptly;
- Following up on deliveries and assisting, when appropriate, in the prompt payment of invoices;
We appreciate your interest in doing business with the Leon County School Board and look forward to working with you.Sincerely,June Kail
June KailPurchasing DirectorMartharine JonesExecutive SecretaryJackie MitchellPurchasing Card Program AuditorNancy ScottPurchasing Agent IITaneka ForbesPurchasing Agent IA. Michelle CastanedaPurchasing SpecialistRobert SlappeySecretary
“The Leon County School District does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex (including transgender, gender nonconforming, and gender identity), marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or genetic information.”
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT / NOTICE
The above information is provided as a service to the Board and employees of Leon County Schools and to the community. Due to its dynamic nature, we cannot guarantee the information contained herein is current or complete at all times. Every effort has been made to assure its accuracy at the time it was posted.