Your child may not start the new school year if their shots are not up to date. Needed immunizations may be received through your child’s private doctor or at the Leon County Health Department. To schedule an appointment for immunizations at the Leon County Health Department call (850) 606-8020.
Evidence of a student's immunization history includes either a DH680 Form Florida Certification of Immunization signed by a medical professional, or an official permanent school record from any school in Florida transferred to the new school through the Florida System for Transferring Records.
Minimum Requirements for Entry
Prekindergarten children are required to have the following vaccines:
- Polio vaccine (IPV)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Varicella haemophilus influenza type b (Hib)
- Pneumococcal conjugate (effective 1/1/2012 for children two (2) to fifty-nine (59) months of age)
Kindergarten - 12th
Documentation of the following immunizations and required doses for school entry K-12 include:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B series
- Varicella or Documentation of disease
Children entering, attending, or transferring to the seventh grade in Florida schools are required to complete one (1) dose of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccine (Tdap).
COVID-19 Vaccine (Strongly Recommended)
ALL students are HIGHLY encouraged to recieve the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible (ALL Students down to 5 years old are now eligible to recieve the vaccine). Getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalizations, and potential death. Unvaccinated people should get vaccinated and are encouraged to continue masking until they are fully vaccinated. With the Delta variant, this is more urgent than ever. CDC has updated guidance for fully vaccinated people based on new evidence on the Delta variant.
Read more detail from the CDC here:
How Do I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine?
There are several ways you can look for vaccination providers near you in the United States.
- Visit Vaccines.gov to find vaccination providers near you. In some states, information may be limited while more U. S. vaccination providers and pharmacies are being added. Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccination Locations on Vaccines.gov.
- Text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find vaccine locations near you in the United States.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination appointments are available. Find out which pharmacies are participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
- Contact your state health department to find additional vaccination locations in the area.
- Check your local news outlets. They may have information on how to get a vaccination appointment.
*Immunization requirements shared from Office of Admissions website
Immunization Clinic Information
The following is a list of locations for health services. It is recommended that students be referred to their own provider for physicals or immunization services. If they don’t currently have a primary care provider, the community clinics listed below are an option. In order to request a sliding fee scale, parents would need to provide proof of income and they should ask when they call for an appointment to get each providers provider's requirements for this request.
Out-of-state immunization records can be dropped off to your local health department. There is a (5) business day turnaround. A health department representative will call you to pick up the new Florida Shot record once completed.
Leon County Health Department Roberts & Stevens Clinic * Immunizations (uninsured sliding scale fees)
1515 Old Bainbridge Road
Appointment line# (850) 404-6400
Bond Community Health Center – Immunizations and School Physicals
1720 S. Gadsden Street
Appointment line# (850) 576-4073
Neighborhood Medical—Immunizations and School Physicals
872 W. Orange Avenue
Appointment line # (850) 300-7262
Millicent Hollifield Clinic at Rickards High School—Immunizations and School Physicals
3013 Jim Lee Road
Appointment line (850) 391-5585
Neighborhood Medical – Immunizations and School Physicals Cecil V. Butler Clinic
604 5th Avenue
East Havana, FL
Appointment line (850) 539-9800
Online Scheduling: https://15524-3.portal.athenahealth.com/