LCS IT ACCESSIBILITY MAILING LIST
LCS employees may join a Districtwide e-mail discussion list of technical and other LCS personnel interested in IT accessibility issues. To join the list (accessible-IT@leonschools.net), send an e-mail to Accessibility Webmasters.
Leon County Schools is committed to providing an electronic environment that is accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities.
Navigating websites can be difficult —sometimes impossible — for people with disabilities. Leon County Schools seeks to promote the sharing of best-practices and tools related to accessibility among the campuses, and build collaborative relationships with other institutions to provide electronic resources for all individuals particularly those with disabilities.
ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE PRINCIPLES
- Remember that accessibility and design are complementary.
- Practice user centric design.
- Separate style from content when possible.
- Organize sites for consistency and clarity.
- Test sites.
- Write concisely and clearly.
- Don't rely on alternative, text-only sites.
Copyright 2019 University of California. Used with permission.
Provided on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.