Your child may not start the new school year if their shots are not up to date. Needed immunizations may be received through your child’s private doctor or at the Leon County Health Department. To schedule an appointment for immunizations at the Leon County Health Department call (850) 606-8020.
Evidence of a student's immunization history includes either a DH680 Form Florida Certification of Immunization signed by a medical professional, or an official permanent school record from any school in Florida transferred to the new school through the Florida System for Transferring Records.
Minimum Requirements for Entry
LCS Board Policies - IMMUNIZATION OF STUDENTS IN SCHOOL
Kindergarten - 12th
Documentation of the following immunizations and required doses for school entry K-12 include:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTP)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B series
- Varicella or Documentation of disease
Children entering, attending, or transferring to the seventh grade in Florida schools are required to complete one (1) dose of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccine (Tdap).
Prekindergarten children are required to have the following vaccines:
- Polio vaccine (IPV)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Varicella haemophilus influenza type b (Hib)
- Pneumococcal conjugate (effective 1/1/2012 for children two (2) to fifty-nine (59) months of age)