Leon County Schools
Leon County Schools will be an engaging, safe and respectful learning environment that embraces change and produces successful learners who value diversity and are conscientious contributors to our society.
The mission of Leon County Schools is to prepare students to become responsible, respectful, independent learners equipped with the critical thinking skills necessary to compete in our global society.
- Excellence - LCS pursues the highest standards in academic achievement and organizational performance.
- Integrity and Personal Responsibility - LCS requires the highest level of integrity and personal responsibility for individual actions as a family member, teacher, student, and citizen.
- Equity - LCS fosters an environment that serves all students as we strive to eliminate the achievement gap.
- Citizenship - LCS honors the diversity of our community by working as a team to ensure the educational success of all our students and recognize that our obligations go beyond our professional responsibilities to promote democratic principles.
- Compassion and Respect - LCS builds positive relationships through honesty, respect and compassion, which enhance the self-esteem, safety, and well-being of all stakeholders.
- Perseverance - LCS promotes the inner strength to remain constant to a purpose, idea, or task in the face of obstacles. This includes dedication, consistency, and having a positive attitude.