Welcome to the 21st Century Community Learning Centers District Page! We are a grant funded, academic and enrichment based, after-school and summer program. We are currently serving 14 schools in our district. Please select one of our schools, on the left, to learn more! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
We now have a Listserv! Subscribe to stay updated on our programming and other events we may hold in the future!
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year! Please contact your school's Site Coordinator for more information! Please keep in mind that spots are limited!
Notice of Funding for the release of the 2022-23 Request for Proposals (RFP) for the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) program, authorized under Title IV, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (TAPS Number 23B030).
Leon County Schools submitted a proposal for a 21st Century Community Learning Centers program grant, for eligible students of:
Godby High, Astoria Elementary, Pineview Elementary, Fairview Middle, Nims Middle, Ruediger Elementary and Rickards High Schools to be served in the areas mentioned below for the 2022-23 grant year. The purpose of the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Program, as described in federal statute, is to provide opportunities for eligible communities to establish or expand activities that focus on:
- Improved academic achievement.
- Enrichment services that reinforce and complement the academic program as well as social and emotional learning.
- Family engagement.
Leon County Schools has received funding for 21st Century programs for the following schools in need of support:
Godby High, Astoria Elementary, Fairview Middle, Nims Middle, Ruediger Elementary and Rickards High Schools.
The community also lacks the resources to establish after-school centers that could benefit students. In addition, the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century program would help improve student attendance, behavior and student achievement of eligible students at the six schools.
For questions regarding this submission, please contact Elizabeth Glenn, Program Director.
Are your students struggling with homework? Get help and extra curriculum time in our after-school programs! Check out which schools we are at in the tabs to the left and contact that site coordinator for more information!
What is 21st Century?? - Fairview
Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC)
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) initiative is a key component of the No Child Left Behind Act. Authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the specific purposes of the federal law are to:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet state and local student academic achievement standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and mathematics.
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, art, music, and recreation programs, technology education programs and character education programs, that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students.
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
The 21st CCLC program is a free program offering both after-school and summer programs to students at the school sites listed below:
Elementary School SitesApalachee Elementary SchoolAstoria Park ElementaryBond ELementary SchoolHartsfield Elementary SchoolOak Ridge Elementary SchoolRiley Elementary SchoolRuediger Elementary SchoolSabal Palm Elementary SchoolSpringwood Elementary School
Middle School Sites
Griffin Middle SchoolNims Middle SchoolFairview Middle SchoolHigh School SitesRickards High SchoolGodby High School
Dr. Elizabeth Glenn21st Century Program DirectorGrants Coordinator850firstname.lastname@example.orgJammie JacksonExtended Day Program Manager850email@example.comLatoria OliverExtended Day Program Manager850firstname.lastname@example.orgCrystal Rudd21st Century Accountant850email@example.com