Florida Department of Education Elementary Reading Scholarship
Is your public school child having trouble reading? If so, the Florida Department of Education Reading Scholarship can help.
In order to be eligible for a Reading Scholarship Account your child must meet the following requirements:
• Currently enrolled in a Florida public school in third, fourth or fifth grade for the 2020-21 school year, and
• Scored a performance level 1 or 2 on the English Language Arts (ELA) test in the 2018-19 school year, or
• Enrolled in one of Florida’s 300 Lowest Performing Elementary Schools in 2018-19, or
• Enrolled in one of Florida’s elementary schools that earned a D or F school grade in 2018-19, or
• Identified in the 2019-20 school year as having substantial deficiency in reading based on their most recent available screening and progress monitoring assessment.
Students who are classified as English Language Learners, and who are enrolled in a program or receiving services that are specifically designed to meet the instructional needs of English Language Learner students, will receive priority.
The scholarships are worth $500 each and can be used for reimbursement for the following:
- Tuition and fees for part-time tutoring provided by a person who holds a valid Florida educator’s certificate, a baccalaureate or graduate degree in the subject, an adjunct teaching certificate, or has demonstrated mastery of the subject area knowledge.
- Fees for summer education programs designed to improve reading or literacy skills.
- Fees for after-school education programs designed to improve reading or literacy skills.
- Instructional materials and curriculum related to reading or literacy.
To apply for the FL DOE Elementary Reading Scholarship, click here: FL DOE Elementary Reading Scholarship
Parents who have additional questions may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-735-7837.