New Worlds Reading Scholarship Accounts
Is your public school child having trouble reading? If so, the Florida Department of Education Reading Scholarship can help.
Reading Scholarship Eligibility Criteria for 2022-2023:
- Currently enrolled in a Florida public school in grades K-5 for the 2022-23 school year, and
- Scored a performance level 1 or 2 on the statewide English Language Arts (ELA) test in the prior school year, OR
- Meets current eligibility in grades K-3 as a student with a substantial reading deficiency.
Students who are classified as English Language Learners, and who are enrolled in a program or receiving services that are specifically designed to meet the instructional needs of English Language Learner students, will receive priority.
While completing the application, you may be asked to provide the following document (see the link below), but it is not required to complete the application:
The scholarships are worth $500 each and can be used for reimbursement for the following:
- Tuition and fees for part-time tutoring provided by a person who holds a valid Florida educator’s certificate, a baccalaureate or graduate degree in the subject, an adjunct teaching certificate, or has demonstrated mastery of the subject area knowledge.
- Fees for summer education programs designed to improve reading or literacy skills.
- Fees for after-school education programs designed to improve reading or literacy skills.
- Instructional materials and curriculum related to reading or literacy.
To apply for the FL DOE Elementary Reading Scholarship, click here: FL DOE Elementary Reading Scholarship
Parents who have additional questions may email email@example.com or call 877-735-7837.