Every child deserves the opportunity to experience new worlds and achieve their full potential!
The New Worlds Reading Initiative is a FREE Florida literacy program that will:
- Mail a new book to each eligible enrolled K-5 grade student in Florida each month for free
- Help students build a personalized library based on their interests
- Provide families with practical, supporting materials that build reading confidence
- Reinforce the science of reading techniques used by highly trained reading teachers
- Support each student to successfully launch their reading skills and develop a love of reading
- Florida K-5 public or district-sponsored charter school student
that is currently reading below grade level
Not sure if your child is reading below grade level? Contact your child’s teacher or the school for additional information and enrollment procedures.
Thanks to the support and investment of the Florida Legislature, this statewide book delivery program is a collaborative effort with the Florida Department of Education, school districts, and other local and state organizations, and the University of Florida Lastinger Center. Don't miss the chance to discover more about the New Worlds Reading Initiative.