- The support and encouragement of a parent/caregiver/guardian can be critical to student success.
- Parents are expected to be engaged with their child(ren)’s education but are not expected to serve as their child(ren)’s primary teacher of the academic curriculum.
- Parents and guardians serve as learning coaches and provide assistance by:
- Establishing a quiet, designated workspace
- Providing support and encouragement, while also expecting the student to do his or her part
- Ensuring the student logs in each day and participates in class
- Monitors that the student is on track with assignments and coursework
- Maintains communication with the teacher by phone, email, and/or online meetings.