Modes of Instruction
All students have selected a preferred learning option: In-Person Instruction or Online/Virtual Learning. At school instruction will follow this same format and schedule as possible. Leon County Schools reserves the right to begin all 2020-21 instruction in a virtual learning environment pending local health conditions in accordance with guiding agencies and entities.
Requires students and teacher to be present at the same time online
- Live interactive classes with students and teachers participating in real time
- Teacher supported work time on video conference calls
- Scheduled and online assessments
Does NOT require students and teacher to be present online at the same time
- Self-paced online course with intermittent teacher instruction
- Pre-assigned work with formative assessment on paper or in learning management system such as Canvas
- Pre-recorded videos of instruction
- Practice and assessment in educational software programs
*Synchronous instruction could occur as in class instruction or small group instruction online.
**Some online learners could be assigned to the classroom. Teachers could have students distributed within in person or in digital period(s).