Plan Highlights: Schools to Re-Open
- The Florida Department of Education issued an Executive Order requiring schools be open for 5 days a week in the month of August.
- On Thursday, July 23, Governor DeSantis held a press conference reinforcing the State’s desire for schools to be open for on campus, in-person learning.
- On Friday, July 24, the Center for Disease Control issued new guidelines calling for the reopening of schools.
Plan Highlights: School Operations
- Teachers to return on August 17- will have two full weeks to prepare and participate in professional development trainings.
- Students to return on August 31—either in-person or online.
- Face coverings to be required per CDC guidelines.
- Class sizes will be limited when a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Middle and High Schools will operate under a block schedule of three classes per day, alternating daily taking 6 courses total.
Plan Highlights: Positive Covid-19 Cases
- Schools will inform their communities in accordance to HIPPA guidelines when a positive case has occurred.
- Employees will be required to self quarantine as informed be the Leon County Health Department when positive and when exposed to a positive individual.
- CARES act allows for up to 80 hours of leave time for employees.
- Students will be required to quarantine off campus as ordered by the Leon County Department of Health until cleared.
- Make up work will be assigned.