Safe Start - Teachers and the Classroom
On Campus/In Person Learning
- In person learning is available to all students on all campuses and will begin on Monday, August 31.
- Students will have limited exposure and remain in co-horts as much as possible:
- Elementary teachers may switch classrooms
- Middle and High Schools will implement a block schedule and alternate daily between 3 classes on one day and a different 3 on the following day. This will limit the class transitions and decrease student/teacher and student/student content by 50%.
- All Florida Standards including The Florida Standards, the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, and others aligned to specific subject areas will be taught in their entirety.
- Students who receive services or accommodations through exceptional student education, gifted and/or talented, 504, or English Language Learner education will continue to receive their identified, appropriate support and services.
- Standards from the final quarter of the 2019-20 school year will be incorporated in the 2020-21 curricula to mitigate any learning gaps resulting from the Spring, 2020 school closures due to COVID-19.
- Students participating in on campus instruction will use devices to access lessons, instructional materials and activities, and assessments.
- Devices will be used for real time communication and collaboration between the teacher and the students, including those students that are learning at home.