- The purpose of this policy is to establish a school-wide program for the recognition of students who are successful academically.
- Students tend to perform better when they know that they will be recognized and/or rewarded for their achievement.
- A student who improves a letter grade in one subject, but drops in another subject is not eligible.
- A student who improves a letter grade in two subjects, but drops in only one subject is eligible.
- A student who improves two letter grades in one subject, but drops only one letter grade in only one other subject is eligible.
- In essence, the primary determinant is OVERALL IMPROVEMENT.
Example 1 (this student qualifies)Social Studies - Improves from C to BLanguage Arts - Improves from B to AMathematics - Improves from D to BScience - Remains same C to CPhysical Education - Remains same B to BArt - Drops from B to C
Example 2 (this student does NOT qualify)Social Studies - Drops from B to CLanguage Arts - Remains same C to CMathematics - Improves from D to BScience - Remains same C to CPhysical Education - Remains same B to BArt - Drops from B to C
- A student's citizenship rating is not a consideration during eligibility determination.
- Administration will determine students who are eligible for recognition.
- A period of time, not to exceed one lunch period for each grade level, will be scheduled for the recognition activities.
- Coordination will be made with the PTSO for support and determination of the recognition activity to include funding and supervision.