8th grade activities
When: Friday, May 03, 2024
Where: Universal Studios and Island of Adventures
Cost: approximately $275 includes transportation, shirt, bag, 1 meal ticket, entrance to the Gradventure event.
Information to plan for:
- Students attending the trip must be at school by 10am. (students are welcome to be dropped off at normal time or ride the bus 😊 )
- If your student is not attending, they need to arrive at school at normal time.
- We will return at approximately 4am. We will have students call when we are about an hour away from Tallahassee.
- Students need to pack a lunch for on the way down to Orlando. We will stop at a rest area and eat.
- Students must wear their 8th grade shirt (cannot be altered in anyway) and they must use their drawstring bag (this is the only bag allowed in the park). Students must wear closed toe shoes with a back
- Students may bring other bags for the bus ride.
- Each student will receive one meal ticket for dinner. They are welcome to bring extra money for drinks, snacks, and/or souvenirs.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: Anything not allowed at school. (ie. energy drinks, opened drinks (must have screw top), sunflower seeds, gum, fast food, nut products (including but not limited to peanut butter and Nutella) or seafood.
- Any prohibited items found during check-in procedures will be confiscated and discarded
A field trip letter with more information and registration directions will be sent out at the beginning of the 2nd 9-weeksDance:
When: Friday, May 10, 2024 6-8pm
Where: the Montford Cafeteria
When: Friday, May 17, 2024 at 10AM
Where: the Montford Gym
2023-24 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
Date: March 4-8, 2024 Contact: Andrew Keltner
Location: Washington, D.C., Jamestown, and Colonial Williamsburg
Cost: $1,059 student/quad
- During Registration: 1st Deposit of $375.00 due/per person
- 11/17/23: 2nd Deposit of $375.00 due/per person
- 01/15/24: Final Payment of $309.00 or remaining balance due/per person
Description: Montford's annual 8th grade trip to Washington, D.C., Jamestown Settlement Park and Colonial Williamsburg will occur March 4-8, 2024. This is the week immediately before spring break. All 8th graders are invited as long as they remain a student in good standing in regards to the behavior and academic requirements discussed at the 8th grade assembly the first week of school. The all-inclusive price for the trip is $1,059. This includes motor coach transportation with Lamers Bus Lines, hotel accommodations at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield, Va., all admissions, Potomac River Dinner/Dance Cruise, all meals, guided tours, nighttime security, and gratuities for drivers and guides. All payments will be made online or by phone directly to Educational Tours. Our contact person at Educational Tours is Brian Lattin or Brad Lattin at 1-800-343-9003. An itinerary and the online payment registration instructions for the trip are available below. An (optional) informational meeting will be held on Monday, September 18th at 7 pm in the cafeteria. It shouldn't last more than 20-30 minutes. A mandatory parent meeting for participants is scheduled for Monday, February 26, 2024 at 7:00 PM in the cafeteria. We will discuss everything your student needs to make the most out of their week in the Washington, D.C. area.
Eligibility: To qualify to attend this field trip, students must have:
- Registered with Educational Tours;
- No more than one (1) in-school detention assignment (OFI) since the beginning of the current school year;
- No out-of-school suspensions since the beginning of the current school year;
- No 1's in citizenship on the second quarter report card;
- No more than one (1) 2 in citizenship on the second quarter report card.
- 2.0 GPA on second quarter report card.
The room and Bus Request Form will be released after the Thanksgiving Break - Please submit electronically by e-mail or in person to Mr. Keltner in the media center no later than Friday, January 6, 2023. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail Mr. Keltner.
Register Now!! Click Here to Register and Make Payments
Please register online and make your first payment to guarantee your spot by Friday, October 13, 2023. Please e-mail Andrew Keltner, if you have any questions or concerns.
2024 8th Grade D.C. Trip Itinerary - Open the PDF and click on the website at the bottom of the page to begin the registration process.