AG Students Supply List:
Required Materials: by the end of the 2nd week of class, all AG students must provide:
- A lined composition book (NO SPIRALS!).
- This “LogBook” will be used to record daily TaskLists, design projects, take notes, and record garden observations.
- LogBooks remain in students' backpacks for open note LogBook and pop quizzes that count as assessment grades.
- A small sewing kit with scissors, sewing needles (easy threading, cotton darners, all purpose, sizes 8-9), straight pins, and one light and one dark spool of thread. Optional items: thimble, threader, tape measure... All items must be kept in a small, labelled, plastic pencil box
- 2 size H (5mm) crochet hooks (one for school and one for home), and 2 skeins of 100% cotton, worsted (kitchen) weight yarn. We will be learning to crochet, a vertical integration of fiber product agriculture, and students will need a crochet hook and yarn at school AND at home for practice and project extensions.
- A pencil, everyday😊
Suggested Materials: additional materials students might appreciate keeping in the classroom in their assigned cubbies include the following. All items must be labelled with the student's name in permanent ink and kept in a 1 GALLON FREEZER BAG (except the shoes). There is a space in our classroom to store these items:
- gardening gloves
- sun-hat and sun-shirt
- sun-screen and bug-repellent
- garden Crocs or rubber slip-on shoes that will dry quickly (we don’t have room for boots!)
- water bottlle
Requested Materials: the following is a Wish List of items sought for this year’s Simple Living classroom and gardening activities. They need NOT be new items: donations of used items (in good working condition) are encouraged, as well as shopping for the items at thrift stores and garage sales. Each student in our class is expected to bring at least ONE of the following items...
2020 Wish List Items:
(4-6) large wooden cutting boards (12" x 18" or larger)
(10) black granite "look" cutting boards 12' x 18' Walmart
large, strong-handled wicker baskets for gathering produce
5 gallon buckets
1-2 new wheel barrows
metal garden rakes (not leaf rakes!)
round point shovels
loppers, snippers, and pruning saws
size H crochet hooks
12 new sponges for our sinks
pint canning jars (1/2 pints and some quarts welcome too)
BLACK (preferred) or green, or blue milk crates (our new garden seating plan)
BLACK (or dark blue, dark brown, dark green...) wash cloths and hand towels
Fall vegetable seedlings (once we have our garden bed re-established): Fall Vegetable Seedling Drive
Fall annuals and perrinials (butterfly and nectar flowers): Fall Nectar Garden Drive
Volunteer Requests (please email Ms. Fain if this is your specialty and you have time!):
Creative Genius to convert my BAM lessons to DA?
Facebook Garden Club Manager
WishList Sign-Up Genius Manager
New Garden Construction Consultant (we will be makinging cinder block walls capped with PT lumber)
Media Specialist (to help us learn how to create videos/photos and also spaces to share our activites)