Welcome to Leon Guidance!
Leon High School counselors are available to help every student at LHS succeed. We work with students, parents, and teachers by facilitating conferences, helping to plan schedules, giving curriculum and scholarship guidance, and addressing personal and social needs. We are available to help!
The counselors at Leon High School believe that:
- All students have the right to be treated with respect and have an equal opportunity for success.
- All students have the right to have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have the ability to learn and the right to be supported academically.
- All students should be supported in pursuit of their post-secondary goals.
Leon Guidance550 East Tennessee StreetTallahassee, Florida 32308Phone: (850) 617-5703Fax: (850) 922-5311
Guidance Office Hours
Thursday Closed for Paperwork/Meetings
* Due to the size of our Guidance Office, there are times we have to close for privacy during meetings with parents and students. If the Guidance Office is closed for any reason, students may access Guidance facilities and/or counselors through the Main Office
Tutoring on Campus
Pierian National Honor Society Tutoring
Pierian Tutoring is available on campus every Tuesday in Mrs. Meis’ room 203 and Wednesday in Mrs. Towey’s room 302. Tutors are available to assist with all course subjects after both 6th and 7th periods!
Mr. Kothe is also available for math tutoring (all courses) in room 311 during lunch Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday!
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Health Care Summer Institute
The Office for Diversity and Health Equity sponsors a 4-week summer camp for minority high school students, rising juniors and seniors only, with career interests in health professions who live within the University of Florida AHEC service areas (listed below).
Participants shadow several health care professions and attend workshops on study skills and test taking, including a preparatory course for the SAT.
Students reside in campus housing and are supervised by the camp coordinator and health profession students who serve as the camp counselors.Visit the website for more information: http://odhe.med.ufl.edu/8-2/hcsi/.
Florida State University College of Medicine SSTRIDE Program
A one week residential medical program for current sophomores and juniors. FSU is looking for some of Leon County’s best and brightest students who have an expressed interest in medicine. All required information for consideration must be received by March 23rd, 2018.