Welcome to Leon Guidance!
Leon High School counselors are available to help every student at LHS succeed. We work with students, parents, and teachers by facilitating conferences, helping to plan schedules, giving curriculum and scholarship guidance, and addressing personal and social needs. We are available to help!
The counselors at Leon High School believe that:
- All students have the right to be treated with respect and have an equal opportunity for success.
- All students have the right to have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have the ability to learn and the right to be supported academically.
- All students should be supported in pursuit of their post-secondary goals.
Leon Guidance550 East Tennessee StreetTallahassee, Florida 32308Phone: (850) 617-5703Fax: (850) 922-5311
Guidance Office Hours
Thursday Closed for Paperwork/Meetings
* Due to the size of our Guidance Office, there are times we have to close for privacy during meetings with parents and students. If the Guidance Office is closed for any reason, students may access Guidance facilities and/or counselors through the Main Office
Summer Email HoursPlease note that the Guidance Office is closed for the summer! However, counselors will be answering emails weekly. Please contact your counselor for assistance at:
All 9th Grade Students: Sarah Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
10th-12th last name G through O: Sam Norris email@example.com
10th-12th last name A-F and P-Z: Kelly Folmar firstname.lastname@example.org
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
To be eligible for the Morehead-Cain, you must be:
- a competitive applicant to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- on track to graduate in the spring
Please note: While candidates for the scholarship are more than welcome to apply to other colleges and universities under Early Action or Regular Decision application plans, candidates are not permitted to apply binding Early Decision to other colleges or universities while under consideration for the Morehead-Cain. If you have questions about what constitutes a binding application, please feel free to contact us.
Entering the Selection Process
These eligibility requirements are the same for all students applying for the Morehead-Cain, but to enter the selection process you must:
- Be nominated by your high school
- Be nominated by an eligible affiliate program
- Apply directly as a self-nominee if you are a resident of North Carolina who attends an out-of-state school
For more information, visit: http://www.moreheadcain.org/
The deadline for high school nominations is June 30, 2018!
Please talk to your Counselor ASAP if you are interested in being nominated!!