Welcome to Leon Guidance!
Questions about the upcoming PSAT? Click below for more information!
CANVAS Directions for Parents
- Ask your student to log into Canvas.
- Once in, look at the vertical navigation bar on the left side of the screen and click on "Account" at the top.
- Click on "Settings" from the pop out menu.
- Once in Settings, there will be a button that says "Pair with an observer" on the right;
- Click on it and copy the code.
- Open a new tab and go to https://leonschools.instructure.com/login/canvas, then select the very tiny link for "Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Fill in your name, email, and password and then paste the code you received from Canvas into the last textbox.
- You're done! Once you have the computer account set up, you can add the Canvas Parent app to your phone in no time. This will enable you to see your child's agendas in all classes ("Calendar" link) and ensure all work is completed/submitted ("Grades" tab) on the fly. Be advised that Focus is the place to see your child's official grades, but Canvas is the best way to see "why."
All our best,
Leon High School counselors are available to help every student at LHS succeed. We work with students, parents, and teachers by facilitating conferences, helping to plan schedules, giving curriculum and scholarship guidance, and addressing personal and social needs. We are available to help!