PASSWORD RECOVERY SET UP IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS--THIS IS IMPORTANT!
FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD, OR LET YOUR NETWORK PASSWORD EXPIRE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESET IT FROM ANYWHERE.
- Once logged into ClassLink, click on your profile avatar on the top right and select “My Profile”
- Select “Password Recovery Setup” from the links on the left.
- Decide which of the three available options to reset your password you wish to use. You may select one or choose to use all three. It is recommended that you use all three.
PASSWORD RECOVERY SETUP
Mobile Phone: Simply enter a cell phone number (Do not use a home phone as it will send a text)
Important!! If use the Email recovery option, do NOT use your LCS e-mail address as that is only accessible if you know your LCS password or it is not expired. Instead, enter an alternate e- mail such as a Gmail, Hotmail, or other email address you use on a regular basis.
Questions and Answers (Q&A)
You can select from 11 possible pre-defined questions, or if you prefer, you can make a custom question and make it anything you want.
IF YOU SET UP YOUR PASSWORD RECOVERY IN CLASSLINK, THIS IS HOW TO RESET.
IF YOU FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
- TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD, click on the ClassLink icon on your school’s website.
- Press the “Help, I Forgot my Password” link at the bottom.
- Enter your username and press the Check button. Students user names are their Student ID # (Ex 123456789)
LCS Employees are their Network usernames. (Ex. Fisherb)
Do not use your school e-mail address or you will get an invalid Username error
Please note: If you access the password reset screen from any LCS website, it will prepopulate the Reset Password Code field with LEON. If the login page does NOT contain the Leon County Schools logo, please use the ClassLink icon from ANY LCS website’s homepage to access the correct LCS login page
4. Select your available reset options (Text, Email, or Security Questions) based on what you configured earlier in your Password Recovery Setup in your profile.
Text Text--will send a code that you will enter in the next window
Email: Email -- will send you a reset Link (Please remember to check your Junk/Spam filters)
Security Questions: Security Questions – Will ask you your security questions. Once you have correctly answered or responded using any of the three possible password recovery methods, you can reset your network password.
- Set new Password. REMEMBER—All network password security requirements apply. (Make a note of new password. )
Must be at least 8 characters in length
Must include 3 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (Ex: # $ ? ! & %)
Must not include any part of your name.
Passwords expire after 60 days. (You might want to put the number 1 at the end of your first password for the year, and simply change the 1 to a 2 when you need to reset your password the first time, and simply change the number each time you need to reset.)