Course Plan Fall 2018, First semester SPN 3
1a semana, 13-17 de agosto
lunes Intro a la clase
martes More intro, classroom procedures; Preliminary lesson
miércoles More intro, classroom procedures; Begin L. 1
jueves More intro, classroom procedures; L. 1, Story squares
viernes More intro, classroom procedures; Begin L. 2
2a semana, 20-24 de agosto
lunes L. 2
martes L. 3
miércoles L. 3, Story squares
jueves L. 4, SUB
viernes L. 4, SUB
3a semana, 27-31 de agosto
lunes L. 4
martes L. 5
miércoles L. 5, story squares
jueves L. 6
viernes L. 6 SUB, Mini-prueba Review sheets
4a semana, 3-7 de septiembre
lunes DIA FERIADO
martes L. 6, begin Mini-prueba review
miércoles L. 7, story squares, Mini-prueba Review, cont.
jueves L. 7, Mini-prueba 1
viernes L. 8
5a semana, 10-14 de septiembre
lunes L. 8 story squares
martes L. 9
miércoles L. 9
jueves L. 10
viernes L. 10 story squares
6a semana, 17-21 de septiembre
lunes L. 11
martes L. 11
miércoles FALL HOLIDAY
jueves L. 12
viernes L. 12, story squares
7a semana, 24-28 de septiembre
lunes L. 13
martes L. 13, story squares
miércoles L. 14
jueves L. 14
viernes L. 15 Mid-term practice test
8a semana, 1-5 de octubre
lunes L. 15, Mid-term L’S 1-14
martes L. 16
miércoles L. 16, story squares
jueves L. 17
viernes L. 17
9a semana, 8-12 de octubre
lunes L. 18
martes L. 18, story squares
miércoles Review for Essay
jueves ESSAY- 125 words END OF FIRST 9 WEEKS
viernes TEACHER PLANNING
SECOND GRADING PERIOD
1a semana, 15-19 de octubre
lunes Review for Oral Exams
martes ORAL EXAMS
miércoles ORAL EXAMS, cont.
jueves Food day periods 1 and 3
viernes Food day periods 4-6
2a semana, 22-26 de octubre
lunes L. 19
martes L. 19 Translation
miércoles L. 20 Review for Mini-prueba
jueves L. 20 Review for Mini-prueba, Story squares
viernes L. 20 Mini-prueba 2
3a semana, 29 de octubre- 2 de noviembre
lunes L. 21
martes L. 21
miércoles L. 22
jueves L. 22, Story squares
viernes L. 22
4a semana, 5-9 de noviembre
lunes L. 23
martes L. 23
miércoles L. 23
jueves L. 24
viernes L. 24, story squares
5a semana, 12-16 de noviembre
lunes El día de los veteranos
martes L. 24
miércoles L. 25
jueves L. 25
viernes L. 25
6a semana, 19-23 de noviembre (SEMANA LIBRE)
lunes DIA FERIADO
martes DIA FERIADO
miércoles DIA FERIADO
jueves DIA FERIADO
viernes DIA FERIADO
7a semana, 26-30 de noviembre
lunes L. 26
martes L. 26 Story squares
miércoles L. 27
jueves L. 27
viernes L. 28
8a semana, 3-7 de diciembre
lunes L. 28
martes L. 28 Story squares
miércoles Mini-prueba review
jueves Mini-prueba review
viernes Mini-prueba 3
9a semana, 10-14 de diciembre
lunes Review for Essay
martes ESSAY- 150 words; must be in past tense
miércoles Review for Oral exams
jueves ORAL EXAMS- from Story squares, must be past tense
viernes ORAL EXAMS- cont.
10a semana, 17-21 de diciembre
lunes Exam review NO EXEMPTIONS FROM EXAMS
martes Exam review
miércoles SEMESTER EXAMS-EARLY RELEASE
jueves SEMESTER EXAMS-EARLY RELEASE
viernes SEMESTER EXAMS-EARLY RELEASE
WINTER HOLIDAY- DEC. 24-JAN. 4 (Teacher planning Tues. Jan. 7th, students return Wednesday 8th)
Español 3, 5/AP
Dra. Sullivan, Nettles 210
2018-2019 Required Materials List
- A three-ring binder to be used ONLY for Spanish class.
- A set of pocket tabs to be labeled as:
- Story squares
- Grammar worksheets
- Loose-leaf paper, pencils/pens. Highlighters are OPTIONAL, but RECOMMENDED.
Dr. Sullivan’s classroom procedures
- ENTERING THE CLASSROOM
a.) Entering the classroom- You will enter the classroom QUIETLY!! That means NO NOISE!!
If you are making noise, you will go BACK OUT and ENTER AGAIN, QUIETLY!!
b.) Do not bring food or drinks to class. You may bring water or a drink that has a screw top.
c.) Take out your Spanish folder/notebook and a writing implement.
d.) Sharpen your pencil if needed.
e.) Look at the board where assignments are written and begin working on bell work if there is one.
- GETTING TEACHER’S ATTENTION IN CLASS
a.) Raising your hand - No calling out, wait for the teacher to call on you!
- HALL PASSES
a.) Hall passes- You will be given 4 hall passes for each grading period. Any passes you do not use, you will turn those in at the end of the year for extra credit.
- CELL PHONES
a.) As soon as the bell rings to start class, all phones must go AWAY.
b.) There will be times when you will be allowed to use your phones at the end of class, normally.
Cell phone usage at the end of class will depend upon class behavior however.
c.) If you are caught texting in class, I will confiscate your phone and a parent will pick it up at the end of the day at Student Affairs. I will hand you a Ziploc bag, and a small card, you will fill out the card with your name and the period number, place both the phone and card in the Ziploc bag and hand it to me.
d.) Failure to turn over your phone when I ask for it will result in an automatic 3-day suspension, as per the Student Handbook (Agenda book).
e.) There is a cellphone charging station at the front of the room. This is the ONLY place in the room that you may charge your phone. Must be plugged in before the bell.
a.) There are 2 big green bins in the front of the room. Please recycle all paper and plastic/glass.
b.) Do NOT crumple your paper!!! Keep it flat and recycle it!!
c.) If you throw the balled up paper (or anything else!!) across the room, you will receive an automatic ½ hr. lunchtime detention.
- DISMISSAL BELL
The bell to dismiss class does NOT mean for you to get up immediately but rather it is the sign for me that class is over. I am the one to dismiss class. That is to say, do NOT start packing up your stuff before I give the signal. You must stay in your seat until I dismiss the class. No gathering around the door!
- ARGUING WITH THE REF
- ) When you have a disagreement with me about a disciplinary measure I have taken (such as asking you to switch seats) you may NOT argue with me during class time. To signal that you would like to speak to me about the issue, indicate this by showing me a “T” sign, for time out. I will then acknowledge you and I will speak with you at the END of class (not at that moment).
- ) If you choose to continue arguing, the consequence will be double, 1 for the original infraction and 1 for arguing with me and taking up class time.
- If you are the type of student that insists on jumping into the fray when I am dealing with another student, you will come to see me AFTER SCHOOL on FRIDAYS. I call these folks “Student lawyers”.
I WILL MEET WITH STUDENT LAWYERS ON FRIDAYS AT 3 PM
- SILENCE DURING ANNOUNCEMENTS- Positively NO talking during announcements!! As soon as you hear the beep for announcements ALL talking must cease immediately!!!
- COMING TO ATTENTION – I will raise my hand in the air when I want you to get quiet and listen to me. You will get quiet and raise your hand in response to indicate that you have seen my hand raised.
- FIRE DRILL: As soon as you hear the fire alarm, stop what you are doing, stand up and QUIETLY file out of the door towards the exit that is facing Meridian Road. Please take ALL of your belongings with you. Turn right outside of the double doors and head to the parking lot at the McDougal house right next door. Stay together because I will be taking roll.
11.) Procedure for making up work:
Check folders that will be placed on top of shelf as you walk in the door. Folders will be marked by day and date. Check the folder for the day(s) you missed and make up that work. You will have one full week from the day you come back to make up your work. This applies to quizzes and tests as well. Also, looking at Pin Point will let you know what assignment you missed. If you did not get the chance to finish the work we did in class, you must turn that work in the next day. You will NOT be given a reminder.
If you have an unexcused absence for that day, I will check your work in, but I will not count it until you get your absence excused. This also applies to quizzes and tests.
I would prefer that you NOT chew gum in class. But if you must, I do not want to hear it (as in cracking your gum) or see it (as in blowing bubbles). Please dispose of your gum responsibly, i.e. do NOT stick it under your desk.
13.)NO WRITING ON DESKS!!!-
Please do NOT write on your desk, even if it is in pencil. If you come to class and there is writing on your desk, please let me know immediately so that I will not blame you. If you are caught writing on the desk, you will receive a ½ hr. lunchtime detention in my room and you will clean desks.
14.) IF YOU LOSE/MISPLACE/FORGET TO BRING IN A WORKSHEET-
In the event that you lose/misplace/forget to bring your copy of a worksheet to class (especially when we are doing a 2-sided worksheet) you will be given another copy once I determine that I have enough copies for all the absentee students. The second time you forget your copy, you will be given another one with a 20% reduction in points. Each subsequent extra copy you receive will add an additional 10% reduction in points.
1st time- no reduction
2nd time- 20% reduction
3rd time- 30% reduction, etc.
SO DON’T LOSE YOUR COPIES!!!
- PARTICIPATION POINTS:
Every day each student receives 10 points for full participation, which means responding in a respectful manner when called upon in class. Failure to participate will result in a loss of those 10 points. In addition, you may also lose points for the following:
a.) Falling asleep in class- 5 point loss and you may NOT make up the work you missed in class.
b.) Doing other work in class- 5 point loss
c.) Unexcused absence- 10 point loss
Dr. Sullivan’s Classroom Rules
- Be On Time- See LHS handbook
- Focus on Learning
- Listen when “La Profe” is talking
- Use appropriate language (no cursing!)
- Come prepared (notebook, writing implement, homework, etc.)
- You may chew gum as long as I do not see it or hear you pop it!
- No grooming in class (no combs, make-up, etc.)
- Follow LHS dress code- See LHS handbook
- Cell phone use- Only at the end of class and only if/when I say so! Behavior counts!
First offense- Warning with #’s 2, 3 and 4. For #1 you will receive a T in the grade book and a warning. #5 you will be sent to the office.
Second offense- 30 minute lunch-time detention
Third offense- 30 minute detention and phone call home.
Fourth offense- referral