IB Prep Application Process
***This is last year's info; however, it still allows you to see the application process. When we have the dates for this year, this page will be updated.All students making application to the IB Prep magnet program must complete and submit the following information on or before March 1st, 2020, at 4pm.
1. Submit IB Prep application to Fairview Middle School by logging into your child's LCS FOCUS Parent Portal account by March 1st, 2020, at 4pm. Click on "My Child", then "School Choice" and choose FMS IB Prep at your choice. I will run reports daily and contact those who have applied. This is Part I of the application. Part II will be included in the follow up email and will incluce:
- Copy of student’s most recent report card.
- Documentation of most recent standardized test scores.
- Honor code agreement signed by parent and student.
- A graded writing sample (see instructions on application).
2. Optional: Interested students may schedule a shadowing date with the IB Prep Program by contacting Mr. Lee Cameron, IB Prep Coordinator, at 488-6880 or e-mailing email@example.com . Shadowing students must complete the shadowing registration form and bring it with them on their pre-scheduled shadowing date. Shadowing students will be provided with a written excuse note from Fairview at the conclusion of their shadowing date. Shadowing is offered every Tuesday and Thursday in January and February from 9am - 3pm. We will offer a parent tour from 9:30am - 10am on the day that your child shadows.Prospective students will be notified by mail as to their acceptance or denial of admission into the program AFTER March 1st, 2020. The date of notification will be determined by the School Choice Office of Leon County.**If your child is not currently an LCS student, please visit the School Choice Website and follow the directions that are directed to "New to Leon County Parents". If assistance is needed, please email Mr. Cameron.
- Teacher Recommendation Form - unless sent directly to Fairview Middle School (via interschool mail OR fax: 850.922.6326, Attn: Lee Cameron).
Questions or concerns may be addressed to:
Lee Cameron, IB Prep Magnet Coordinator
Fairview Middle School
Fax: (850) 922-6326