Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that an absence be excused. Please allow 72 hours for the excuse note to be entered before sending in another note.
The email should include:
- The student’s name
- Dates/periods of absence
- Reason for absence and a phone number
- Please do not use a family emergency as a reason for absences.
- Absences must fall under the following to be excused.
- Illness or medical care
- Appointments (must provide documentation from the medical or service provider)
- Death/Bereavement in the family
- Religious holiday (must fill out a religious holiday request form)
- Financial and other special circumstances are insurmountable conditions.
- School-sponsored field trips
- Pre-arranged absences for educational purposes
SIGNING STUDENTS OUT
All students need permission from parents or guardians to sign out. The individual picking up the student must be listed as an emergency contact in FOCUS.
- To sign out and pick up your child, please go to the front office. Bring your state-issued photo ID and have the FOCUS app ready with the student information.
- To have the absence excused, follow the steps above.
My student was marked absent. What do I do?
This means your student was not physically in class. The student should contact their teacher regarding makeup work via email or upon their return to school. If you think this was a mistake, please contact the teacher first, then contact the attendance office.
What do the attendance codes in FOCUS mean?
A - Absent (Unexcused until excuse note is received)
E - Excused Absence
L - Late (arrived at class 10+ minutes after the tardy bell)
P - Present
R - Tardy Unexcused
T - Tardy Excused
V - Signed out Early (Excused Absence)
Y - Signed out Early (Unexcused until excuse note is received)