MEDIA CENTER HOURS
Visit us before school, during lunch, and after school.
8:45 am-4:15 pm Monday-Friday
Masks are required at all times.
Capacity is limited to 40 students at a time.
WELCOME TO FAIRVIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER
Soon we will be welcoming you to our new school media center. We are looking forward to opening our newly renovated media center towards the end of January with new technology, an extensive book collection, and several multi-purpose learning areas. Our new location will be across from the school’s cafetorium in the 300 building, we have a quiet study area that houses the book collection of more than 10,000 titles, along with generous seating. There are dedicated, mounted tablet computers to access our online Follett Destiny Card Catalog, which allows users to easily browse the collection. There are several areas for the classroom, large and small groups, and individual study. Several spaces hold a television that connects to laptops, so students and teachers can view each other’s screens for collaborative work.
COVID-19 UPDATE LIBRARY PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES
- Purpose: To set forth guidelines of a process that addresses safety for students and staff while meeting the responsibilities of the library. Guidelines address visits, shared equipment, and material resources processes and procedures.
According to the CDC, the following is needed to keep everyone safe:
- Maintain good social distancing (about 6 feet or more).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Wear a mask.
All visitors to the library will wear a mask covering while in the library media center at all times. Visitors will either use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon visiting and exiting. Visitors to the main library will be limited to no more than 20 at a time. All visitors to the library will practice safe physical distancing as described by the CDC guidelines for stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Library functions will move to an online process for current transactions that are performed on paper and/or face-to-face. This will mean changes to the following transaction processes:
- Equipment borrowing (staff and students)
- Book checkout (staff and students)
- Book check-in (staff and students)
- Book processing from check in to shelving
- Media requests (lamination, paper cut-outs, etc.)
- Using staff bathrooms located in the library during class transitions (staff)