I hope that you and your family are well. I miss you very much. I wish that we were having class in our new band/orchestra room right now! However, we will be having band, orchestra, and percussion class during the 4th quarter in an online format. We will be doing several things in the coming weeks:
- Flipgrid assessments on our lesson book or scales
- Individual music creative projects
- And (if I can get the technology to work) we will collaborate to perform a piece of music with each of you performing your own part on video!
Right now, you need to do the following to help us get started:
- Send an email via Outlook and tell me in just a few words how you and your family are doing.
- Send me a chat message on Microsoft Teams with your favorite emoji or (school appropriate) gif, so that I know you have access to this software.
- Create a student account on Essential Elements Interactive. You will need to use the code found on the title page of your lesson book, and our school code, which is: FairviewMiMusic3 (This does not apply to the 4th period percussion class.)/span>
For detailed instructions on setting up Essential Elements Interactive, go to this web page, and watch the video on "Connected EEi Teacher and Student Accounts."
My Office Hours will be 1:30pm to 3:30pm. During this time each weekday, I will be logged in to Microsoft Teams, where you can chat with me or we can video conference about class work or anything that you would like to discuss.
Email will be my primary method of sending information to you. We will use Microsoft Teams to share documents and to chat. We will use Flipgrid to submit videos. We will use Essential Elements Interactive to demonstrate lesson book concepts. And there may be one additional service that we will use for our collaborative performances. WHEW! That is a lot of online stuff. I know it can be frustrating to login to dozens of services just to get your class work done. We will get through this together.
Thank you for your patience and your enthusiasm. I have enjoyed chatting with several of you already! We will be doing some fun things, and I can't wait to hear you playing again!