Successful Young Women
Successful Young Women is a service-oriented organization at James S. Rickards High School.
The purposes for Successful Young Women are to:
- Provide an environment for students who wish to improve their potential for success.
- Define varying degrees of success and expose students to short and long term goal setting.
- Explore careers and create a plan of action to achieve specific career choices.
Criteria for Membership
- Female student
- Desire & willingness to serve the school and community
- Desire to be successful at student's highest possible potential
- May enter with any G.P.A., but must improve in areas below 2.0
- May enter with any citizenship grade, but must improve to all satisfactory or outstanding ratings.
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Adherence to all school rules
- Must demonstrate improvement while participating in organization
Students receiving detentions or referrals will not be allowed to participate in club activities for 2 weeks following the detention or referral. The first infraction will result in the member being placed on probation. Members will be suspended from the club after 3 infractions of the above.
Activities will vary throughout the year and may include but not be limited to:
- Career Day
- Adopt-a-Street program
- Career Planning (Guest speakers will be invited in periodically)
- Teachers' Appreciation Week activity
- End of Year activity
- Fund Raisers as needed
- Contribute to Charity of Choice - one per semester
- Dress for Success (days will vary)
- Lock In
- Assisting Teachers
- Big Bend Cares