The James S. Rickards High School Advance Placement (AP) Program provides students with college-level courses with the opportunity to receive college credit while still in high school. Our program offers a wide range of Advanced Placement courses in various academic areas to meet the needs of our students. If your child is interested in taking an AP course, please contact your student's counselor.
AP Exams begin in a few weeks (the schedule is attached to this message). Below is information regarding AP Exam testing:
- Testing Location - Tallahassee Community College (TCC), English Building (the building is off of Appleyard near the bus loop)
You should bring the following items to the exam room in no larger than a gallon size zip lock bag or a clear stadium bag:
- Up to two approved calculators with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, or Statistics Exam only. Visit AP Exams Calculator Policy to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams and for a list of authorized calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge only if you are taking an AP Physics Exam. Protractors are not allowed.
- Pens (black or dark blue ink) and No. 2 pencils will be provided (you may bring your own-no mechanical pencils)
- A Jacket/Sweater/Sweatshirt (some rooms are kept very cool).
- A small, healthy snack and water to drink during a brief break during the test session
You should not bring the following items to the exam:
- Phones, smartwatches, wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices—MP3 player, iPod®, etc.—cameras or photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic devices are prohibited in the exam room and during breaks. School-owned digital recording devices are allowed only for the AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam.
- Books/ bookbags, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or mechanical or colored pencils
- Rulers or straightedges (these are allowed only for AP Physics Exams), protractors, Scratch paper, Computers, Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions, Calculators (unless it’s an approved calculator for AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, or Statistics), Clothing or shoes with subject-related information, Ear plugs, Clipboards
- You are required to arrive at the testing site 30 minutes prior to your exam: 7:30 a.m. for the 8AM morning administration and 11:30 a.m. for the 12PM afternoon administration. Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; therefore, please do not ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
- Get a good night’s rest before your exam and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a snack and beverage to the testing site for your 10-minute break. However, food and drinks are prohibited in the exam room. It is advisable to bring a sweater, in case the room temperature is below your comfort level.
- Since this activity is occurring off-campus, you will need to provide your own transportation to and from the testing site. However, transportation will be provided on May 5 for the AP US History exam and May 10 for the AP Biology exam (students from this test administration need to picked up from TCC)
The approximate pick up time is Noon for 8 AM exam administration and 4:00 for noon exam administration for most students.
Mrs. E. M. CooperAP CoordinatorPhone: 850-414-5500 Ext: 5005Email: email@example.com
Ms. J. Barthle
Ms. I. Casanova
Mr. S. ConeyMrs. G. CooperTeacher Website
Ms. R. Cross
Ms. M. Eckerle
Ms. D. Fields
Ms. S. FigueroaDr. P. Hall
Mr. A. Juhasz
Dr. B. Koller
Mr. P. Macwilliams
Mr. S. Reedy
Mr. C. Rolle
Ms. L. Singleton
Mr. A. Steinbrink
Mr. J. Stroud
Ms. J. Sullivan
Mr. E. Young