October 23, 2016
* All conferences are complete for the 1st 9 week period. I am glad the days & times worked out for everyone!
I am filling out report cards & will then send them to our administration this week. Report cards will come home in your child’s folder on Wednesday, November 2nd. You will keep the report card & only return the empty envelope. Please be sure to sign the front of the envelope by “1st 9 Weeks”. Thanks!
* Thank you for signing up for items needed for our Fall party on Oct. 31st. If you signed up for marshmallows or party favors, please send them to school no later than this Wednesday, Oct. 26th. We need time to string the marshmallows & organize the favors. Send in the rest of the items- pumpkin seeds, straws, napkins, bags, skinny markers, no later than Friday, Oct. 28th. Thanks again!!
The same day as our Fall Party, Oct. 31st , the children are encouraged to come to school dressed as a favorite book character & bring their book. At 10:00 we will have a parade. Due to this time frame I need to ask our Fall Party Volunteers, who have signed up, to come at 8:45 rather than 9:00.
* There is a Boosterthon Pep Rally this Tuesday & a meeting for teachers after school that same day. Yes, this is about raising funds for our school, but it has always been run sooo well & we sooo appreciate the support! I will e-mail you info as I learn more about it.
* In Wonders we finished our lessons on Tools & have begun “Shapes All Around”. The children will sponge paint shape pictures at the easel this week.
If you access our reading program Wonders from home starting today – Wednesday, click on “Games”. The very 1st game is Fluency word… which is a timed 1 minute exercise. After starting the timer, your child will name each letter & sound out each word. See if your child can improve his/her 1 minute score! There are many other games to choose from. Look for the bird game also! J
* It is super to see how well the children are writing their numbers.
Here is our final number poem:
Draw a line and then a ball. This is what a 10 is called.
* The following is optional on-line homework in Think Central which goes with what we are working on in math right now: HMH Mega Math Country Countdown, Counting Critters, Level C & Level D
* The weather is changing! Don’t forget to send in a change of clothes for cooler weather in a zip lock bag & ask your child to put the 1st bag of clothes in the backpack.