CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
The Career Technology Education (CTE) Department at James S. Rickards High School provides courses that are designed to give high school students the chance to get a head start on preparing for college and careers. Courses are designed such that students learn how core subjects like math, science and writing are used in real-life. Students will work towards earning industry recognized certifications in the areas of Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Adobe, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), and Autodesk Certified User.
Our CTE courses offer the right balance of academic excellence and real-world skills that give our students the confidence and motivation they need to succeed both in school and in a profitable career.
- CTE courses contain rigorous academic curriculum and performance standards and may be designated Level 3, the same as honors courses.
- Some courses count toward science, practical arts or economics credits required for high school graduation.
- Many CTE students earn industry certifications, which makes them more employable.
- Industry certifications may be used to earn college credits and meet requirements for high school graduation.
- Students who take at least three courses in a program may be eligible for the Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars Award.