SENIOR CLASS SITE
Welcome to James S. Rickards High School Senior Site
Rising 12th graders for the JSRHS Class of 2023, your Senior Year has begun! Stay connected by constantly monitoring listserv, CANVAS, the school website . . . and the REMIND group that has been set-up just for you!
As we embark on your final chapter of high school, here are a few suggestions to ensure a successful senior year:1. Join the Class of 2023 Remind at: https://www.remind.com/join/rhsgrad23 or text 81010 with the message @rhsgrad23,to receive updates and stay connected.2. Take your senior pictures to secure your spot in the 2023 yearbook. Be on the lookout for mail from SWI.3. Make an appointment with your guidance counselor to ensure that you are on track to graduate.4. You MUST have a 2.0 GPA, 18 or 24 credits, pass the FSA and Algebra I EOC (receive a concordant score on the ACT/SAT) to graduate.5. You MUST have an overall unweighted GPA of 3.0 by the end of 1st semester to graduate with honors and be featured in the Tallahassee Democrat.8. Don't procrastinate. If you're having difficulty in your classes, speak with your teacher ASAP, to receive remediation.7. STUDY HARD and FINISH STRONG.
2022-2023 Senior Information
We will communicate important senior information on the following outlets – Remind App (see below), Listserv, Senior Assemblies, Senior Website, and during morning and afternoon announcements. Seniors and their parents should both be on Listserv and the Remind App, so important announcements are not missed.
To sign up for Remind, send the following text message @rhsgrad23 to 81010.
(Standard text message rates apply)
Dates to Remember
Access the Senior Dates to Remember here
- All obligations: senior fees, textbooks, lab fees, and Chromebooks must be turned in/paid for by Friday, May 19, to ensure issuance of diplomas.
- Senior Fee is $120 (Graduation ceremony/rehearsal, Convocation, Senior Picnic, Senior Brunch, Graduation Expenses, Senior T-Shirt, and additional unforeseen charges, etc.)
- Senior fees MUST be paid before paying for the senior trip.
- Senior fees can be paid via eFunds, money order, cash or by check, made out to Rickards High School.
Graduation is a privilege, not a right. To participate in graduation activities, seniors MUST meet all statutory, school board and school requirements.
To be recognized as an honor graduate, students MUST have an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher by the end of the 7th-semester report card (1st semester of their 12th grade year). Additionally, students may be recognized by the following organizations:
- National Honor Society
- Health Academy
- Dark colored dress (hem shorter than gown), dark pants with a white or light-colored dress shirt and dark tie.
- Black dress shoes/dress socks: If heels are worn-straps or covered heel is strongly encouraged. (NO mules, flip-flops, slides, sandals, or sneakers).
- You MAY only wear the honor chords and stoles approved by the senior sponsors and Rickards Administration (AVID, IB, Honor Society, Health Academy).
- DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT DECORATE YOUR CAP or GOWN!
Seniors, a Herff Jones representative, will be in the auditorium on Monday, November 7, 2022, from 10:25 AM to 11: 15 AM to discuss and answer questions regarding Cap & Gowns, class rings, announcements, and additional graduation products.
SENIOR PACKAGES ORDER
Seniors, Herff Jones representatives will be on campus on Tuesday, November 16, 2022, from 8 AM – 1:30 PM to take orders for cap & gown, graduation announcements, and additional graduation products. They will take your measurements to ensure that your height, weight, and cap sizes are correct.
SENIOR TARIP UPDATE
Upcoming Senior Events
- Senior Trip payment link:
Students should know their requirements and regularly monitor their progress toward earning a diploma. School counselors are available to assist students with planning for college and career readiness. Students can view an up-to-date report on their progress toward meeting graduation requirements in FOCUS.