Middle School Physical Education
Physical education is an integral part of the total education of every child in kindergarten through grade 12.
Quality physical education programs are needed to increase the physical competence, health-related fitness, self-responsibility, and enjoyment of physical activity for all students so that they can be physically active for a lifetime. Physical education programs can only provide these benefits if they are well-planned and well-implemented.
Some important benefits of quality physical education are:
- Improved Physical Fitness
- Skill Development
- Regular, Healthful Physical Activity
- Support of Other Subject Areas
- Self Discipline
- Stress Reduction
- Strengthened Peer Relationships
- Improved Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem