Here you will find information pertaining to 8th Grade English Language Arts classes and 7th/8th grade Intensive Reading during distance learning.
Distance Learning Overview
- Hi, parents and students! I hope you're all doing well and staying safe. Students, I miss getting to see your faces every day!
- Keeping up a consistent learning schedule is very important. However, I want to reassure you that I and your other teachers will be flexible and understanding during this time. Your distance learning assignments are required, graded assignments, but I do not want you to feel stressed or overwhelmed by this work. I will be available to help you by email or phone every step of the way. The most important thing is for you to stay healthy and safe as you adjust to distance learning.
- Parents, if you have any questions whatsoever about upcoming assignments, safety information, how to access packets or assignments, or just anything that's on your mind, please don't hesitate to contact me through e-mail, Remind, or Teams.
- There will always be more information to come! I will do my best to keep you updated regarding academics and new safety information.
- Office hours, or times when I will be available to take phone calls from students and answer emails related to assignments, will be from 11:00am to 1:00pm on week days.
- This does not mean that I cannot answer emails or take phone calls outside of these times! These are just the hours when I will be immediately available.
Weekly Check In
- All students should check in with me at least once per week. This check in can be in the form of an email, Teams message, Remind message, or Remind phone call.
- The purpose of the check in is for you to have an opportunity to let me know how you are currently doing with work, and for you to have a chance to ask any questions you might have!
Assignment Schedules and Deadlines
- Students will only be required to turn in two written assignments for a grade each week. Really, I just want you to participate in our novel study -- so you need to read your assigned chapters and watch your video lessons, but you can choose to submit one vocab activity and one set of questions, or one journal response and one vocab activity, etc.
- A suggested completion schedule will be on teams and my calendar, but you can work at your own pace. Remember, you can submit assignments with photos, emails, screenshots, typed out documents - whatever works best!