In our class, all families indicated they would be able to access the distance learning packets electronically. Completed work may be returned in any of the following ways:
- Download the digitized version of the work packet, save it, and complete it. Then email it back to Mrs. Mestre.
- If you have trouble using the digitized version of the document, download using the free Adobe Reader app, answer questions, scan, and return. Directions for the free Adobe app and the Scanable app are below.
- Print pages, complete them, scan them, and email them back to Mrs. Mestre.
- Print pages, complete them, take pictures of each page, then email them back to Mrs. Mestre.
- Print pages, complete them, take a video of each page, then email them back to Mrs. Mestre.
- Student answers the questions on notebook paper then scan or email or video them and email them back to Mrs. Mestre.
- Print pages or answer on notebook paper then mail them to Mrs. Mestre via U.S. mail. Please email if you need my home address.
About the Second Grade Distance Learning Plan:There are EIGHT Required Assignments for your child to complete over the following week. The second grade team put together these assignments for ALL second grade students at Buck Lake.Each plan will be emailed on a Friday in case parents want to organize the assignments over the weekend. In each plan (beginning with week 3), you will see a table of highlighted required assignments to complete and a few optional activities for your child to choose or not choose to do throughout the week. The colored texts are hyperlinks to a website. To get to the website, hold down the Ctrl button while clicking on the link. Only the required assignments will need to be completed and returned. Please submit all required assignments by Monday (ten days later).Directions on Adobe and Scannable below:Directions for Annotating the Packet/Completing Electronically*Although it is a little bit clunky, most of the blanks on these worksheets can be filled in electronically using the free Adobe Reader application. There is a video on our school Learn-at-Home website that demonstrates how to do this in Adobe Reader. Here is a direct link to the video.*The tools featured in the video are available in the free Adobe Reader app. You do not need the paid version, Adobe Acrobat, because you’re just typing on top of the blanks as opposed to editing the underlying PDF (which is a paid feature).*Most computers do not open PDFs in Adobe Reader by default anymore. Macs open them inPreview and Windows 10 opens them in Edge. You will need to download and install Adobe Reader and set it as your default PDF viewer: http://get.adobe.com/reader*Be sure to save the worksheet after you type in your answers.Link for using Scannable on your phone:Scannable - Scanner app for documents. Scannable captures the paper in your life quickly and beautifully, transforming it into high-quality scans ready to save or share. Whether on the go or at the office, send paper on its way and move on.evernote.comAbout Special Area Required Assignments:There are THREE Required Assignments due each week for special area class. Special area teachers have also included some optional assignments your children may enjoy. When you return the SECOND grade assignments, let me know if your child completed the special area assignments in your e-mail. I will notify the special area teachers.ClassLink App Login Information:Classlink from home:You will be prompted to log in with your student’s username and password. The format is as follows. The student ID number is 9 digits long and the lunch PIN is 5 digits longUsername:StudentIDNumber@edu.leonschools.netPassword: student lunch PINReadWorks.org - Instead of printing or answering electronically on the Readworks assignments, your child can log into the Readworks site to complete the assignments there. Follow the directions below:
How to get students to their assignments
1. Have students go to www.readworks.org/student
2. Students enter class code YQG6R4
3. Tell your students that their default password is 1234
Note: Students can change their passwords when they log in.XtraMath Login from ClassLink:Email - email@example.comFirst Name - your child's namePin Number - you already have this