Teachers who have completed the Supervision of Interns course or Clinical Education course are eligible to have an intern. The co-teaching model is used at ORES. If you are interested in a block student or intern, please update the TASUS form given twice a year. Anyone receiving credit for completing a college class activity or expectation must be on an approved list by the district for liability reasons.
Each teacher will be responsible for maintaining a yearly inventory of equipment and curriculum materials. A hard copy will be given to administrators at the end of each year. A complete classroom inventory should be done the first week of school for your records. An update should be completed and submitted at post- planning.
ORES staff will follow these guidelines:
- ANY food in classrooms should be in a secured container. Food should not be left in classrooms for extended amounts of time.
- Students and parents are encouraged to bring (send) nutritious foods for snack and lunch.
- Staff model healthy food choices.
- Soda machines on campus are only for adults to purchase soft drinks to drink themselves.
Leave TimeThe Leon County School Board Leave Request form:
- The AESOP process must be completed to request a substitute. A Leon County School Board, Leave Request form must be filled out for all leave. You must include your legal name, type of leave, correct beginning and ending date, and time.
- If you are requesting leave in advance, a form must be completed and signed by an administrator at least 2 working days before the leave is to begin. When you are sick, a leave request form must be completed the day you return to school.
- All instructional staff must enter their absence in AESOP.
- If you are ill or have an emergency please notify administration ASAP. If possible enter your absence in AESOP so the system can begin looking for a sub.
All full time employees will be credited with three (3) days paid bereavement leave in the event of a death in their immediate family. Immediate family is defined as a spouse, parent, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild, or their in-law or step-relative counterparts. These three (3) bereavement days are credited per fiscal year and are not cumulative. Employees are required to attach a copy of the obituary or funeral service program to the Leave Request form for leave accounting and payroll documentation.
Full pay and benefits for appearance in court for the following reasons:
- Summons to appear as a juror
- Summons to appear as a witness or a defendant in an action arising out of and in the course of employment with the school board
- Summons to appear as a witness (not a character witness) in any civil or criminal action in which the employee is not the defendant or plaintiff
Any employee dismissed from jury duty before 11:00 a.m. shall return to work that day.
- Times which are not classified as sick or personal
Leave Without PayGranted for emergency or medical situations with the principal’s approval