Dual-Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is Dual-Enrollment?
Dual-enrollment classes enable high school students to take classes at a local college—and potentially earn college credit- while concurrently earning high school credit towards graduation.
- Where Do Students Dual-Enroll?
Students are open to dual enroll with Tallahassee Community College (TCC), Florida State Univeristy (FSU), Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University (FAMU), or Lively Technical College. We also offer ENC 1101 and ENC 1102 on-site on SAIL's campus in partnership with FAMU.
- Which students are eligible to Dual-Enroll?
The dual enrollment program is recommended for students in grades 11th and 12th, if they meet eligibility criteria.
*Dual-Enrollment Criteria are subject to change by institution.
Why Should My Child Consider a Dual-Enrollment Program?
- Dual enrollment gives students an idea of what full-time college coursework will be like. By trying out a few classes while still in high school, your child can get used to the academic environment before he or she leaves the comfort and support of home.
- Your child may be able to take classes that aren’t offered at his or her high school.
- College courses can give your student a closer look at his or her area of academic interest.
- Its a chance to get free college credits!
Is There Any Reason My Child Shouldn’t Participate?
- Dual-enrollment courses are real college courses for real college credit; the grades will go on your student’s permanent record.
- If a college class will interfere with your child’s regular coursework or extracurriculars, it may not be a good idea. College classes are a commitment and require a significant amount of time and effort.
How Do students get more information about becoming dual-enrolled?
Students interested in dual-enrolling should consult with the School Counselor.
*Students who have not previously dual-enrolled are not eligible for Summer 2021 courses.
FAMU Dual Enrollment: http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?Registrar&DualEnrollment
FSU Dual Enrollment Website: https://ace.fsu.edu/dual-enrollment
Lively Dual Enrollment Website: https://www.livelytech.com/students/dual-enrollment/
TCC Dual Enrollment Website: https://www.tcc.fl.edu/academics/dual-enrollment-program/