SAIL High School Mission and Goals Statement
Our mission is to provide an educational choice for high school students in Leon County. By way of an innovative, high-quality, respectful and caring environment, SAIL seeks to provide a diverse student population with the foundation necessary to become responsible citizens in a global community.
To achieve our mission, our faculty and staff work hard to ensure students at SAIL have access to:
- A Community of Respect—Continue our safe, caring and respectful school climate.
- Literacy—Increase our knowledge and critical thinking skills by reading and writing in every discipline.
- Health/Fitness -- Students and staff will move more, eat healthy foods and get more mentally and physically fit.
- College and Career Readiness -- All SAIL graduates will be academically ready and eligible to pursue their postsecondary goals.
- Community Outreach—SAIL will communicate who we are to other schools and to the community through our actions and deeds. Students will create opportunities to serve others in the community.
- The Arts—Students will be exposed to the arts and find their “inner artist”. They will become actively involved in the arts through school-wide activities and community outreach.
- Going Greener – SAIL will recycle, reuse, and reduce to shrink our carbon footprint. We will also garden, compost and become more energy efficient.
- STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math – Sail will offer coursework, support, and educational options which will encompass the tenets of the sciences.
- Cultural Diversity – The SAIL community will promote an atmosphere of cultural acceptance and awareness.
Respect is the guiding principle of our school. We expect everyone to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Respect your fellow humans. No bullying, put-downs, gossip or abusive/ insulting language or harassment, including on Social Media. This includes all forms of sexual, racial, national origin, disability or other forms of discrimination or harassment.
- Be true to yourself and others. No lying, forgery, cheating, or plagiarism.
- Respect everyone’s right to learn, work, and teach. No disrupting classes. No sleeping in class.
- Let’s keep our campus beautiful. No littering, graffiti, or destruction of property. No food or drinks in class.
- Be aware of your classmates with food allergies. No eating in classrooms.
- Come to school. No skipping or being late to class.
- Expand your vocabulary. Eschew vulgar language.
- Learn to resolve differences creatively. No fighting or weapons.
- Give your body a chance. No smoking, alcohol, or drugs.
- Respect yourself, peers, staff, teachers, and neighborhood