In 2022, Florida began implementing the Florida Assessments of Student Thinking (FAST) to monitor student progress on the Benchmarks in Excellent Student Thinking (BEST) standards. FAST assessments follow a progress monitoring model in which students take the assessment three times throughout the year (PM1, PM2, and PM3) so teachers can track mastery of standards as they are taught. PM1 and PM2 are for informational purposes only and it is important to remember that these assessments will include content that students have not been taught yet.
All K-5 students participate in the ELA (Reading) and Mathematics FAST assessments. The BEST Writing assessment will begin implementation in the 2023-2024 school year and will be administered to all students in grades 4 and 5. All FAST assessments are computer-based. Students in grade 5 will also complete the end-of-year Statewide Science Assessment, which is also computer-based starting in the 2023-2024 school year. Our testing coordinator will notify parents prior to the date of each assessment.
Visit the links below for the latest assessment information published by the Florida Department of Education.
- FAST Portal - important FAST assessment information for all stakeholders (students, parents, educators, etc.), including sample test items.
- Florida Assessment Portal - important information about the BEST Writing assessment and Statewide Science Assessment, including sample test items.
- ACCESS for ELLs - information about specialized assessments for English Language Learners.
- Florida Alternative Assessment Portal - information about alternative assessments for students for whom participation in the general assessments is not appropriate, including students with very significant cognitive disabilities.
- CPALMS - database of all the new standards with resources for teaching them.