Florida Standards AssessmentsThe new Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) will be implemented in the Spring of 2015. These standardized tests replace the FCAT and are designed to assess student mastery of the new Florida Standards adopted during the 2014-2015 school year. Important information regarding the FSA will be sent home to parents as it becomes available. Visit the links and attachments on this page for the latest information published by the Florida Department of Education.
- FSA Portal - important FSA information for all stakeholders (students, parents, educators, etc.)
- FLStandards.org - explanation of the purpose of the new Florida Standards
- CPALMS.org - database of all the new standards with resources for teaching them
- FSA Parent Presentation Video - for lots more information about the FSA, watch this video of Gillian Gregory, the school district's Director of Testing, Research, and Evaluation for Leon County Schools, at the PTO meeting on February 12, 2015. The slides from this presentation are attached to this page.
- PARCC Practice Assessments - Florida is not using the PARCC test that is based on the Common Core standards used in other states, but the PARCC test and the Common Core standards are representative of the same shift that Florida has made to the Florida Standards and the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). Therefore, the practice tests on this site should be a good approximation of what students can expect on the FSA in terms of content and format. Select English/Language Arts or Math and your child's grade level to preview these tests.
FSA Parent Presentation SlidesThese are the presentation slides used by Gillian Gregory, the school district's Director of Testing, Research, and Evaluation for Leon County Schools, in her presentation at the PTO meeting on February 12, 2015.