Welcome to Guidance
Our Guidance Team provides several supports to help guide our Trailblazers toward success. The Guidance suite is in the volunteer hallway, outside of the front office. Guidance lessons are held in one of the classrooms in the Media Center. These lessons promote student resiliency by exploring: character and community, bullying awareness, volunteering, building relationships, recognizing our differences, responsibility and reflection, problem solving, and self-care.
The Guidance Team has an open-door policy and students are always welcome to stop by the Guidance Office. Trailblazers can ask to speak with our School Counselor for concerns such as relationship building, changing family dynamics, stress management, anxiety, study skills, conflict resolution, grief and loss, impulse control, and more. Teachers and parents can also make referrals.
Our Guidance Team aids with and provides the following:
- Short-term Small Group and Individual Counseling
- Navigating our Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) Team Meetings,
- Facilitating Problem-Solving Team Meetings
- 504 Plans
- Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Navigating our English Language Learners (ELL) Program
- Explore (previously TAG)
- Implementing Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Referrals to district and community-based services