Brittle News 12/9/16
Friday, December 9, 2016
I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend. Please remember to sign your child’s AR reading log located in the back of the blue daily folder.
Remember to have your child bring his/her blue folder daily.
- Last day to earn AR points for the 2nd nine weeks is on Tuesday, December 13th
- 2nd 9 weeks ends on Friday, December 16th
- Homework packet for U2W5 is due on Monday, December 12th
- Wednesday, December 14th-Friday, December 16th ½ days school ends at 12:20
Read AR books, practice subtraction w/regrouping, and review U2W5 spelling words for Tuesday, December 13th.
Theme and Peek at next Week:
Monday, December 12th-Friday, December 16th
- Monday, December 12th – Award Assembly’s (3rd-5th 8:45-9:30, K-2nd 9:45-10:30)
- 12/13-Evening Holiday Show
- 12/14-Early Release
Reading: U2W5 Assessments, Tuesday, December 13th. This will be our last reading assessment for the second nine weeks.
Math: Continue practicing and reviewing 2-digit addition and subtraction with/without regrouping. When we return from winter break we will begin 3-digit addition and subtraction w/ regrouping of ones, tens, and hundreds. Please continue practicing basic addition and subtraction facts with your child w/and w/out regrouping.
Science/Social Studies: Continue learning about Native Americans
*Please read the email you received on Thursday, December 8th from our homeroom mom for the activities we have planned for next week. Thank you to all of the parents who have volunteered to provide snacks Monday-Thursday. I will provide the goodies on Friday, December 16th.