Email LincolnAttendance@leonschools.net to request that an absence be excused.
The email should include:
- The student’s name
- Dates / periods of the absence
- Reason for absence and a phone number
- Please do not use family emergency as a reason for absences.
- Absences must fall under the following to be excused.
- Illness or medical care (medical evidence may be required for absences exceeding (5) consecutive days)
- Appointments (must provide documentation from the medical or service provider)
- Death/Bereavement in the family
- Religious holiday (must fill out religious holiday request form)
- Financial and other special circumstances insurmountable conditions
- School sponsored-field trips
- Pre-arranged absences for educational purposes (must complete a pre-arranged form)
- Special Note: All students must check out in the office when leaving campus for any reason (appointments, illness, etc.)
Brick and Mortar/Face to Face – Signing Students Out
All students need permission from the parent or guardian to sign out. The individual picking up the student up must be listed as an emergency contact in FOCUS.
- To sign out and pick up your child, please go to the front office. Bring your state issued photo ID and have the FOCUS app ready with the student information.
- To give permission for your student to sign out and drive home, please send an email to LincolnAttendance@leonschools.net by 7:30 AM. The office staff will contact you with next steps.