In addition to FOCUS/Tapestry, students in 3rd - 5th grades have an opportunity to participate in before school clubs.
- Students must commit to attending from 7:45 AM until 8:25 AM, every day.
- Breakfast will be offered to all students attending clubs from 7:30 AM – 7:45 AM.
- All club students will be picked up from the cafeteria by their club teachers at 7:45 AM.
- Students who are not in the cafeteria by 7:45 AM will not be able to participate in their club that morning.
- Students who miss more than 5 club classes per quarter may be dismissed from their club.
- Information will go home with students on August 21st and is due back Friday, August 25th.
Morning clubs will begin Tuesday, September 5th after the Labor Day holiday.
Before School Club Options:
Vibrations (3-5) Students work with Mr. Hayes to perform a variety of musical styles using voice, mallet instruments, drums, and recorder. Students will be introduced to music from cultures around the world and will experiment and perform on classroom instruments. As an ensemble, students will create original music by manipulating form, composing, and improvising. Along with instrumental performances, this unique class will give students an opportunity to explore using movement and singing.
WATMSA Morning News (3-5) Students will work with Mrs. Mathews and Mr. Byrd to produce the daily morning news for Apalachee's Shining Star Students. Jobs and responsibilities may include camera crew, script writing,
Running Club (3-5) Students work with Coach Picnic to build strength and confidence while they are exposed to different types of running. Students will run cross-country like courses as well as sprints and relay running.
Beginning Strings (2-5) This class requires prior approval for participation as we have limited space due the number of instruments available. An application will be provided in the first weeks of school for all students who are interested in beginning strings. This class is for students who have not had any previous strings instruction.
Triple Threat (Dancing, Singing, Acting) (3-5) As a precursor to Apalachee's spring musical, Beauty and the Beast, Jr., students will work on musical theatre skills: singing, dancing, and acting. Participation in this club does not guarantee a lead role or part in the musical; however, attention and focus to those skills necessary will help students become more successful in audition and performance settings.