Dear Conley Family,
I am honored to be your principal and be a part of such a warm, welcoming community! J. Michael Conley Elementary School at Southwood has a reputation for excellence in Leon County. This reputation exists due to the students, parents, teachers, and staff that are a part of our Yellow Jacket family. Our school community works closely with an outstanding group of community and business partners that, together, create a safe, nurturing, and enjoyable learning environment. I am excited to work with so many amazing individuals and I can't wait to see what the 2019-2020 school year has to offer!
I hope your visit to our website gives you a snapshot of life at Conley. Please explore the links to find out more about curriculum, programs, and daily events. Feel free to e-mail me with questions, comments, or concerns and I look forward to working with everyone this school year!
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
Phase 1 Distance Learning- District-created packets
Printing the Packets- Please click on the links below to access the Phase 1 packets online. Printed versions are available at elementary school sites from 8:30-2:30.
Completing the Packet- students can write directly on the packet, annotate the packet using Adobe Reader (See Help video here), or reference the packet on a phone, computer, or tablet and record answers on a seperate sheet of notebook paper. Please make an effort to clearly label which question you are answering.
Submitting the Packet- Please keep the packet, for now. Teachers will communicate how to submit the packet work. You will not need a printer or scanner in order to submit your work.
Phase 2 Distance Learning- teacher created lessons
Teachers will communicate their long-term plans for implementing their lessons by Wednesday, April 1st. Please see the quick links below to access teachers/ grade levels Phase 2 materials. Special Area materials/assignments will be added to grade level pages.
Please do not begin using these materials until your teacher confirms their use.
Exceptional Student Education
- Please verify that your contact information is updated in FOCUS. This will be used to communicate important updates, provide potential refunds for class trips and fees, and provide additional resources that may be available.
- Leon County Schools is providing food for any students 18 and younger.
- Comcast/Xfinity is providing two free months of internet service for low-income families who qualify, regularly priced at $9.95/month plus tax after that until they cancel. https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19#gethelp&all_Pricingandotherinfo
- At this time, school is scheduled to resume on 4/15. Leon County has prepared homework packets for our students. These packets are intended to provide a two week review for your child, to begin on 3/30. These packets will be available online or for pickup at the school starting Monday, 3/30.
-Students can access numerous resources from their Classlink account. K-1 students are encouraged to complete 45 minutes of Lexia Core 5 and 45 minutes of iReady Math per week. Students in 2nd-5th grade are encouraged to complete 45 minutes of both iReady Math and iReady Reading per week. As always, students are encouraged to read 20 minutes per evening.
- Please visit any of these resources below for additional enrichment opportunities.
- WFSU is providing three blocks of programming geared to student grade placement (pre-school to 12th grade). Each school encourage parents and students to log-on to the following sites for additional information: https://wfsu.org/ and https://florida.pbslearningmedia.org/ to see the resources they are providing a to keep our students excited about learning!
In an effort to strengthen the partnership between school and home, Leon County Schools have prepared a Read-at-Home Plan to support early literacy. This plan will provide you with activities and a list of online resources you can use with your child. Please click here for more information.
Conley is one of the newest recipients of WeatherSTEM, an online platform that connects weather stations placed in schools around the district in order to compile all of the data the stations are collecting. There are two separate devices on our campus, a cloud camera that records the cloud movement over our campus, and weather instruments that track things like temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed, heat index, etc. There is a curriculum component with lesson plans that teachers can use to teach students all sorts of science, computer programming, and other STEM topics at all grade levels. However, anyone can visit our Conley WeatherSTEM page to access the latest data! Currently, WeatherSTEM is holding a competition to see which school can get the most Facebook "Likes" and the winner will receive small solar panels and possibly small motors to be used by students. Please help Conley out by going to https://www.facebook.com/WXSTEM and Like the WeatherSTEM page.
Parents may obtain information on their child's bus stop online (links below) or by contacting the Transportation office at 850.488-2636. Buses servicing Conley Elementary run from the Cox Compound (850.922-6727) and from the Conner Compound (850.922-6701).
Our current School Improvement Plan can be viewed at the Florida Department of Education Bureau of School Improvement website.
We are committed to providing an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from harassment and bullying. A reporting form has been created to appropriately identify, report, investigate, and respond to situations of bullying and harassment. Please make sure you fill in all of the fields of this form so that administration can have a complete report to begin a successful investigation.
Print the official LCS Possible Bullying Reporting Form and turn it in to us, please click HERE for the form.
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM CANCELLED PTO Board Meeting