Senior Class Site
Welcome to our Senior Site! Check back often for announcements and information regarding the Chiles senior class and graduation.
CONVOCATION & COMMENCEMENT PHOTOS
Grad Images is taking photos at both the convocation and commencement ceremonies. Once those images have been loaded to their website, we will send out a listserv (and post on this site) a link to view and order photos.
Look for this information around June 1st.
Seniors, Please make sure you fill out and TURN IN a pink Final Transcript Request Form. These were handed out at the senior meeting and are needed to get your final transcript sent to the correct college.
Remember final transcripts are not usually ready for distribution until the middle of June.
IMPORTANT SENIOR EVENT REMINDERS!
END OF THE YEAR ANNOUNCEMENTS
Senior Obligations: All obligations must be cleared by May 22nd at 12:00 PM (Noon) or seniors will not be eligible to attend graduation rehearsal on May 23rd nor participate in the graduation ceremony on May 24th. See Ms. Lipian in Student Activities to pay your senior fee ($70) and/or clear any other obligations you may have.
- Senior picnic: Friday, May 11, Chiles Pavilion and Cafeteria. Food trucks, Time Capsules, Senior Video and lots of FUN from 2:30-4:30! Students will receive tickets for lunch and dessert items on Friday, May 11th. They must have their tickets to get food!
- Senior Assembly (mandatory) Monday, May 14, 2:30 pm, Chiles Auditorium.
- SENIOR AWARDS CONVOCATION Rehearsal Monday, May 14, 3:30 p.m. immediately following mandatory senior assembly, Chiles Auditorium
- Convocation Ceremony Tuesday, May 15, 6:30 pm, Chiles Auditorium (wear gown)
- Graduation Rehearsal (mandatory), May 23, 9:30 a.m.- 11:45. @ Leon County Civic Center. You must attend rehearsal AND stay for the entire rehearsal in order to be eligible to walk across the stage for the Commencement Ceremony.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY Thursday, May 24, 7:00 pm, Civic Center. Be in the tunnel by 5:30.
- A reminder about appropriate dress for Commencement:
- Gentlemen: Cap, gown, tassel, academic stole, hood or cord. Dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dark dress shoes and socks. Flip flops, boots and athletic shoes will not be permitted.
- Ladies: Cap, gown, tassel, academic stole, hood or cord. Dress (shorter than gown) or dress pants. NO rompers. Dark or neutral shoes. Avoid heavy, loud and/or open toed shoes. No flip flops, boots and athletic shoes.
- NO corsages, elaborate jangling jewelry, purses or adornments of any kind. The only additions to the cap and gown attire are the following approved items: the National Honor Society stole, the academic honor cord and the academic hood.
- Your cap should NOT have any adornments or monograms of any kind.
Project Graduation Tickets will be sold on Tuesday, May 1st during lunch in front of the auditorium!
$20 cash or check. Buy your ticket Tuesday and be entered into a drawing for a Target gift card! See Ms. Oyster in the front office with questions.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS - SIGN UP FOR THE REMIND APP
There are many announcements that we want to communicate during your senior year! In an effort to improve our communication we have created a remind app to provide you with reminders regarding all senior events.
We ask the both the senior and at least one parent sign up for the remind app so that you don't miss a thing!
To enroll to receive Chiles Senior text alerts:
Text @chiles18 to the number 81010
SENIOR ACTIVITIES & FINANCIAL PLANNING GUIDE - CLASS OF 2018
You made it to your Senior Year! Congratulations!
This guide will assist you in planning for all of the expenses involved with this exciting season of life!
Important dates/events and their associated costs are listed. The highlighted fields are those events and expenses that are REQUIRED for ALL SENIORS.