Middle School Mathematics Math Florida Standards (MAFS):
Grade Six MAFS focus on:
1. Connecting ration and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems
2. Completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of number to the system of rational numbers, including negative numbers
3. Writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations
4. Developing an understanding of statistical thinking.
Grade Seven MAFS focus on:
1. Developing understanding of and applying proportional relationships
2. Developing understanding of operations with rational numbers and working with expressions and linear equations
3. Solving problems involving scale drawings and informal geometric construction, and working with two- and three-dimensional shapes to solve problems involving area, surface area, and volume
4. Drawing inferences about populations based on samples
Grade Eight MAFS focus on:
1. Formulating and reasoning about expressions and equations, including modeling an association in bivariate data with a linear equation, and solving linear equations and systems of linear equations
2. Grasping the concept of a function and using functions to describe quantitative relationships
3. Analyzing two-and three-dimensional space and figures using distance, angle, similarity, and congruence, and understanding and applying the Pythagorean Theorem.
High school credit math courses:
Algebra 1: Algebra 1standards focus on:
· Seeing structure in expressions
· Arithmetic with polynomials and rational expressions
· Creating equations
· Relationships with equations and inequalities
Geometry: Geometry Standards focus on:
· Similarity, right triangles, and trigonometry
· Expressing geometric properties and equations
· Geometric measurement and dimension
· Modeling with geometry
All Course materials can be accessed using ClassLink.
Instructions for accessing ClassLink from home can be found here.