Every student has been given an Emergency & Medical Information card to be completed annually. Parents/Guardians are asked to notify the clinic of all medical conditions. Medications can be kept in the clinic with the appropriate forms provided.Some common practices to follow include:
- Update the clinic throughout the year with changes to your contact information or authorized emergency contacts
- A child must be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school
- A child will be sent home if they have a fever or get sick at school
- A child with returning to school after having head lice will need to be checked by the health aide prior to reporting to class
- A parent/guardian must sign off and deliver all prescription and over the counter medication
- The clinic only contains medication (prescription as well as over the counter) that is provided by and signed in the clinic by a parent or guardian. We are unable to provide a student with over the counter medication if it has not been brought in by the parent and signed in at the clinic. Please refer to the authorization forms regarding medication on this page.
- No matter the age, a change of clothes kept in the child's backpack is helpful
- Donations of spare clothing items and small Ziploc bags for ice packs are appreciated.