Children are inherently good, only behaviors are sometimes inappropriate. The help of parents and guardians is absolutely necessary in overcoming behavior problems. We believe the development of a positive self-concept improves behavior.Conflict mediation strategies will be used to help children deal constructively with conflict and anger.
Conflict mediation includes specific "I Care Rules"
- We listen to each other.
- Hands are for helping, not hurting.
- We use "I Care" language.
- We care about each other's feelings.
- We are responsible for what we say and do.
In addition to the "I Care Rules", Gilchrist Grizzlies always:
- walk from place to place
- respect other's rights, opinions and property
- work and play safely
- use their best manners and are courteous, especially in the cafeteria
- use quiet voices when inside or on the walkways
- use kind language only - no name calling or use of racial slurs
- keep hands & fee to themselves and
- wear hats outside only