Stay Informed via Text and/or Email
To Get Text Messages for the Class of 2023 - text @apghs23 to 81010
About the Senior Fee
- The 2022-23 Senior Fee is $100.
- The Senior Fee pays for items related to graduation: gown, cap, stole, tassel, diploma, diploma cover, Civic Center parking, stage flowers, programs, faculty gowns, the graduation ad in the Tallahassee Democrat, and the Celebration event on their last day. It also covers other expenses related to the Senior Class.
- This fee MUST be paid before paying for the Senior Trip.
- Partial payments can be made, but the full amount is due by March 1, 2023.
- Pay Ms. Green in room 312. We accept cash, money orders, or checks (payable to Godby High School).
You can also pay online.
- There is a convenience fee for using this service. it will vary depending on the source of funds - checking account payments vs and credit/debit payments.
Graduation Requirements for Ceremony Participation
Participation in the graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right. In order to participate in graduation activities, seniors are required to meet all statutory, school board and school requirements and participate in the mandatory graduation rehearsal.
During the ceremony, and within the printed program, we will recognize students graduating with honors. We will use the student's cumulative weighted GPA as calculated on the 7th-semester report card.
- a Valedictorian (highest GPA)
- a Salutatorian (second highest GPA)
- Summa Cum Laude (4.4 and higher) - gold cord
- Magna Cum Laude (4.25 - 4.399) - silver cord
- Cum Laude (4.0 - 4.249)- bronze cord
- Commended Scholars (3.5 - 3.999) - white cord
Additionally, these organizations may award honor cords to students who meet the specific membership criteria as determined by the organization's sponsor:
- National Honor Society
- National Art Honor Society
- National Spanish Honor Society
- Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society
- International Thespian Society
- National Press Association
- National Technical Honor Society
- Certified Nursing Program
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
What to Wear
- Girls- Dress (hem shorter than gown) or dress shirt/pants, LOW heel shoes.
- Boys- Dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, and socks.
- Do not wear bright colors or patterns. They will show through the white gown.
Upcoming Activities for 2022-23
Herff Jones Contact
Degrees and Certifications:
Phone - 850-792-5110
Email - email@example.com
Website - Herff Jones - Godby