Every student has been given an Emergency & Medical Information card to be completed annually. Parents/Guardians are asked to notify the clinic of all medical conditions. Medications can be kept in the clinic with the appropriate forms provided.Some common practices to follow include:
- Update the clinic throughout the year with changes to your contact information or authorized emergency contacts
- A child must be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- A child will be sent home if they have a fever or get sick at school.
- A child returning to school after having head lice will need to be checked by the health aide prior to reporting to class.
- A parent/guardian must sign off and deliver all prescriptions and over-the-counter medication
- The clinic only includes medication (prescription as well as over the counter) that is provided by and signed in the clinic by a parent or guardian. We are unable to provide a student with over-the-counter medication if it has not been brought in by the parents and signed in at the clinic. Please refer to the authorization forms regarding medication on this page.
- No matter the age, a change of clothes kept in the child's backpack is helpful.
- Donations of spare clothing items and small Ziploc bags for ice packs are appreciated.
School Health Aide