• Registration Information

    Read the questions and answers below to prepare before coming in to register your child.

    Questions and Answers

    How do I register my children?
    All students must have a completed Student Registration form. This form is available at the school office. This form must be completed by either parent or a legal guardian.
    What other items are needed to complete the registration process?
    In addition to the Student Registration form, we will need:
    • a copy of the student’s birth certificate
    • the student's social security number
    • proof of health examination from your physician’s office dated no later then (1) one year from enrollment
    • a certificate of immunization from your physician’s office or county health department
    • any court documents pertaining to custody (if applicable)
    • two proofs of your address such as:
      • lease or rental agreement, mortgage payment, property tax record or homestead exemption, AND
      • recent utility bill, utility hookup or transfer statement, or driver’s license.
    After I have gotten my student registered for school, what do I do next?
    Our Back-to-School Orientation is held in the fall and will be advertised on our school website and Facebook accounts in advance. This is a come-and-go event where we post the class rosters so you may meet your child’s new teacher. There will also be PTO and Extended Day information and displays in the Cafeteria.
    What sort of school supplies do I need?
    Our school supply list is located on our website and is broken down by grade.
    Do you provide before and/or after school child care?
    Yes, we do! Information is available on our website and you may contact the Extended Day office at 850.488.3316. Summer camp is also available by the week. Our Extended Day Director is Mrs. Bettye Woodson; you may contact her at 850.488.3316 or email: woodsonb@leonschools.net to ask questions or register.
    How do I find out about bus routes?
    Updated bus route information will be on our website sometime in early August. You may also go to the Leon County Schools website and click on the "Find Your Bus Route" link.
    How do I find out about school nutrition?
    School lunch menu information is located on the Leon County Schools website under the link “School Lunch Menu.” You can also sign up to have school menus emailed to you automatically.
    Is there a summer reading list?
    No, there is not a list of books for required summer reading. However, we do encourage our students to read over the summer. If looking for suggestions, a good place to start is with the Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (SSYRA) book list. For grades K-2, it can be found here. For grades 3-5, it can be found here
    How do I get involved in my child’s school?
    Become a part of our Parent/Teacher Organization! As a parent or guardian of a Ruediger Elementary student, you are automatically a member of our PTO. At the Back-to-School Orientation, there will be representatives from our PTO Board on hand to answer any questions about how to become a volunteer. Or come by the office anytime and speak to Mrs. Welsh.