Join the Class of 2022 Remind by texting @apghs22 to 81010
About the Senior Fee
Graduation Requirements for Ceremony Participation
Participation in the graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right. In order to participate in graduation activities, seniors are required to meet all statutory, school board and school requirements and participate in the mandatory graduation rehearsal.
We will recognize at graduation:
- a Valedictorian (highest GPA after seven semesters)
- a Salutatorian (second highest GPA)
- Summa Cum Laude (4.4 and higher) - gold cord
- Magna Cum Laude (4.25 - 4.399) - silver cord
- Cum Laude (4.0 - 4.249)- bronze cord
- Commended Scholars (3.5 - 3.999) - white cord
Weighted GPAs are used for these recognitions. The top 10 graduates are identified after the 7th semester.
Additionally, these organizations may award honor cords for students who meet the specific membership criteria:
- National Honor Society
- National Art Honor Society
- National Spanish Honor Society
- Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society
- International Thespian Society
- National Press Association
- National Technical Honor Society
- CNA Program
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
What to Wear
- Girls- Dress (hem shorter than gown) or dress shirt/pants, LOW heel shoes.
- Boys- Dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, and socks.
- Do not wear bright colors or patterns. They will show through the white gown.