We're Upgrading Our Payment System!
The LCS Nutrition Services Department is in the process of upgrading the District’s point of service and payment system.
- The planned implementation date for pilot schools is March 1, 2023.
- Pilot Schools ( Chiles, Rickards, Lincoln, Leon, Deer Lake, Swift Creek, Montford, Fairview, WT Moore, Ruediger)
- The planned implementation date for all remaining schools is March 21, 2023.
- Remaining schools (Apalachee, Astoria Park, Bond, Buck Lake, Canopy Oaks, Chaires, Cobb, Conley, DeSoto Trail, Everhart, Ft. Braden, Gilchrist, Godby, Griffin, Hartsfield, Hawks Rise, Killearn Lakes, Nims, Oak Ridge, Pineview, Raa, Riley, Roberts, Sabal Palm, Sail, Sealey, Second Chance, Springwood, Sullivan, Woodville)
How will this affect students and families?
- New hardware has been installed at each lunch register
- Students eating school meals will use their lunch pin when coming through the line
- Parents will need to set up a new account on SchoolCafe. Accounts can be set up online or by downloading the SchoolCafe app on Apple or Android devices. SchoolCafe will allow parents/students to:
- Add funds to your student’s account to pay for meals and a la carte items, as applicable
- Manage account transfers and refunds
- Set up automatic payments
- Set student purchasing restrictions and manage food allergies
- View payment and student purchase history
As part of this upgrade, Nutrition Services will be transferring all account balances to SchoolCafe from PayPams for each student. The account balances will be pulled the day before implementation to ensure student account balances are correct.
Due to the change in systems, we will be shutting down PayPams on Friday, February 24th at the close of business. A La Carte items will be able to be sold from February 27th – March 10th, however students will need to bring cash to purchase those items.
Should you have questions about the system or your student’s account, please contact the Nutrition Services department at 850-717-2299.
Brandon WallaceIT Project Manager3397 W. Tharpe St.Tallahassee, FL firstname.lastname@example.org